Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boiler cleading

+8
wallsie68
forge
Steam Traction World
Julia
Big Al
JDA
BUNGLE
TonyT
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Boiler cleading - Page 2 Empty Re: Boiler cleading

Post  northburrell Fri 06 Mar 2009, 1:38 am

If you have the hornplates on then I dont blame you for not wanting to remove it all and choosing to cut it..

I had to cut off the piece that runs under the boiler next to the throat plate, Tony mentioned he cut it off after cutting his cleading I also did the bits that Steve mentioned and I found the cleading fitted allot better to the cork and boiler.. I trimmed my studs on the boiler masked my hornplates with pieces of tape were the cladding slides in to protect the paint and on the edge of the cladding and carefully fitted it and It's possible to do it..

I have also used allot longer bolts for the cleading as I found I couldn't hold the cleading snug and get the bands round in the trial fitment and I dont have anyone to help me hold it all while I fit the bands.. The longer bolts means i can bolt the bands together move to the right place without scratching my paint then do them up and cut the rest off.. I got a bag of 50 bolts for spares.. Wink

I'v had mine all tuning over by hand with no real problems a little stiff as it will be and now it's coming apart for painting.. I'v still to finish the back wheels off!! I dont like spokes very much... : (

Regards

Jo

northburrell

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  BUNGLE Sat 04 Apr 2009, 9:55 am

HI GUYS,

JUST TO CONFIRM WHAT TONY SAID IN HIS EARLIER POST, WE TOO MILLED A RECESS IN THE BOTTOM OF THE MUD HOLE PLATE, WHERE IT SITS ON A TOP BOILER STAY TO HELP IT SIT A LITTLE BETTER.

BUNGLE

BUNGLE

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post  LilyJack Mon 25 Jan 2010, 10:27 pm

Good bloody grief Shocked
I remembered seeing a post on here regarding the cleading and thought I'd take a ganders seeing as thats my next kit etc and pondered on how it'd be fitted on. Ever looked at something and wished you hadn't???
There seems to be quite a few ideas here on how to go about fitting it all and I've got to be honest, I'm buggered if I know which way to look now Neutral

Ho hum, I'm hoping that when I see what the plates are, I'll dry offer them up and be able to see what everyones on about..

LilyJack Cool

LilyJack

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2009-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post  BUNGLE Mon 25 Jan 2010, 11:54 pm

LILYJACK, YOU KNOW THINGS BECOME CLEARER WOULD YOU'VE GOT YOUR PARTS IN YOUR HAND !!!!!! lol!

REGARDS
BUNGLE

BUNGLE

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post  LilyJack Tue 26 Jan 2010, 7:35 pm

That much is certain mate Wink

Nice to hear from you chap, hope you're well and underpaid n overworked like myself geek

Beered Up Regards drunken

LilyJack Cool

LilyJack

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2009-04-01

Back to top Go down

Boiler cleading - Page 2 Empty it fits

Post  andyc Fri 10 Feb 2012, 7:50 pm

Hi,

Finally got some time to work on the engine ( not touched it for about 6 months ) and the first job on the list was the cladding. I was determined to get it to fit without carving it into lots of bits. After lots of trial fitting, trimming, filing, and scraped knuckles i think i have done it.

Boiler cleading - Page 2 DSC00028

Not looking forward to re-fitting it once it is painted. Lots of other bits of the engine have been trial fitted, removed and painted so hopefully it should come together relatively quickly now.

Will look alot better with the brass boiler bands but needed the jube clips as i needed about 6 hands to do it without.

Andy

andyc

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2010-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post  chop Fri 10 Feb 2012, 8:15 pm

Looking good andy. You'll have it finished by the end of the month. Very Happy
chop
chop

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2010-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post  andyc Fri 10 Feb 2012, 8:25 pm

Hi Chop,

I'm slowly catching you up. Hoping to be in steam for sacrewell but looks like work will be reducing playtime again shortly.

regards

Andy

andyc

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2010-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post  chop Fri 10 Feb 2012, 9:37 pm

Glad to here work is picking up. Keep plugging away you'll be finished before you know it.
chop
chop

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2010-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2