Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colours of engines

2 posters

Go down

Colours of engines Empty Colours of engines

Post  stewart Mon 06 Apr 2009, 11:31 pm

Hello every-one i was wondering how every-body decides which colour scemes and company names go on there engines? If i see one that i like do i have to ask permission to use that company name or is it better to make up my own? Very Happy

stewart

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Colours of engines Empty Re: Colours of engines

Post  AlexinSuffolk Tue 07 Apr 2009, 9:09 pm

Hi Stewart

I think its down to personal choice, a lot of the company names you see on canopies on engines are long since defunct, my burrell is black with vermillion red wheels based on a colour scheme mentioned in an old burrell catalogue, I haven't bothered lining it as lot of the agricultural engines left the factory unlined and in working clothes, which is how I prefer my engines.

Personally if I were finishing a showmans then I would put " Ollett & Claydon Amusement Caterers"...which is us, so its really upto you, look though books, magazines, Old Glory etc. and draw some inspiration, I don't really think you need ask permission...but suspect if you had "Virgin Steam and Airlines" you could be in bother!!

~Alex~

AlexinSuffolk

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post  stewart Tue 07 Apr 2009, 9:49 pm

Thank you for your input! Very Happy I shall start reading through magazines looking for eye catching colour schemes Smile

stewart

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down