Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Showmans Lamps

+2
Kiwiconnection
showman shane
6 posters

Go down

Showmans Lamps Empty Showmans Lamps

Post  showman shane Wed 09 Jul 2014, 1:46 am

Hi,For any builders of the showmans engine you may be interested in placing an order for showmans king of the road lamps with Bruce at RA Parker-sales@raparker.co.uk .I have had my order on back order for a year or more and they are completing a production run shortly to supply orders placed. I reckon the lamps will look just the part on our showmans engines. Even some of the road loco builders may be tempted with a little bit of bling to polish. For the record I have no financial interest in posting this information.

Showmans Lamps <a href=Showmans Lamps Steamfittings063_zpse95c0a9e" />

Cheers Shane

showman shane

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2013-07-27

Back to top Go down

Showmans Lamps Empty Re: Showmans Lamps

Post  Kiwiconnection Wed 09 Jul 2014, 4:09 am

Hi Shane

As you know I have already got my lamps, front and rear. I haven't had a chance to start assembling mine yet, and no they will not be polished like yours.
Received the second shipment from STW last week, but missing the most important item.... the cylinders. Waiting for and explanation from STW as to where they disappeared too? So its full steam ahead with construction.

Phil
Kiwiconnection
Kiwiconnection

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryanh9904 Mon 06 Oct 2014, 7:48 pm

Do they work!?!

Bryanh9904

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2014-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  hartshaulage Mon 06 Oct 2014, 8:59 pm

Lovely looking lamps if i was building a showman's or burrell single crank id defiantly go for these, as for Phil maybe look in the production guide section i no dean posted something about cylinders in there
hartshaulage
hartshaulage

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2014-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post  bjwlancashire Tue 07 Oct 2014, 2:08 pm

I believe they do work, they have LEDs if I remember correctly. Tim Watson had a pair of these on his single cylinder agricultural Madelene, I thought he had transferred them to Frederick, his Showman's engine but I looked at a recent photo and they are not present although lamp brackets are fitted.
bjwlancashire
bjwlancashire

Number of posts : 938
Registration date : 2010-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Watson Tue 07 Oct 2014, 8:08 pm

Well spotted Brian! I still have the lamps, it's the next job to make some brackets on the dynamo bracket just in front of the smokebox. Incidentally, these lights can be made much brighter (and a bit more useful - rather than decorative) by doubling up the pancake batteries in the back.

I decided not to use the brackets on the perch bracket for these lamps as they would be very awkward to polish down there and rather lost. I may use some more prosaic 1930's type headlights with strong LEDS on the perch bracket in the future.

I'll post pictures when the lamps are fitted.

Tim
Tim Watson
Tim Watson

Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down