Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Registration plates

+7
Tufty
FosterGP6NHP
Steve Traill
Waterways
highpressure
IanL
lynnr
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Registration plates - Page 2 Empty Re: Registration plates

Post  mikero Tue 27 Mar 2012, 10:28 pm

I would think they would insist on a full sized plate on the back that is readable by speed cameras.

Mike Wink
mikero
mikero

Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2011-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Robfishman Tue 27 Mar 2012, 10:38 pm

mikero wrote:I would think they would insist on a full sized plate on the back that is readable by speed cameras.

Mike Wink

Now were in trouble......the ones here read the front plate and get a mug shot of the driver. As a matter of interest does anyone know what the speed of the engine is likely to be, nice and slow I hope.

Last edited by Robfishman on Tue 27 Mar 2012, 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Robfishman
Robfishman

Number of posts : 1061
Registration date : 2010-11-26

http://www.robertfish.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Robfishman Tue 27 Mar 2012, 10:40 pm

highpressure wrote:Just for your information Rob I also went to Portsmouth as opposed to Brighton which is the one the DVLA recommended and apart from not sending the right docs first time and then sending a photocopy of the STW cert there were no issues and got the plates without request for inspection in about two weeks, so it might be worth you reconsidering pompey. Just remember to include all the docs listed above including new build and you should be OK.

I would be very surprised if any police actually stopped you for having a scale plate, most of them would be more interested in discussing the engine. I only ever had small plates on the first Burrell. I would say just dont go on major roads just stick to local residential estates.

Cheers Kev.

Thanks for the info Kev was aware that some with full size engines had real problems with Portsmouth a year or two back and one had to transport his engine down from near Petersfield on a low loader two years running for inspection. Sounds like they are much better now then.
Robfishman
Robfishman

Number of posts : 1061
Registration date : 2010-11-26

http://www.robertfish.net

Back to top Go down

Post  lynnr Wed 28 Mar 2012, 6:46 am

Officially no. More than 8mph as keeps the engine out of MOT land and helps with keeping clear of type approval.
lynnr
lynnr

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2