Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spray booth

3 posters

Go down

Spray booth Empty Spray booth

Post  hudmut Wed 30 Mar 2011, 8:54 pm

Hi all

I was hoping you lot would give a bit of a in site to a little idea iv had. My workshop at home and work See's a lot of movement so trying to paint any thing with out it looking like its full of sand and other bits is hard. So i was going to get a 2m x 2m gazebo and make my self a bit of a spry booth has any one else done this is so any tips.

Was thinking along the line's of sealing it up with plastic but use Velcro to hold it all up so it pulls down quick if its in way. The next thing im really not sure on was about putting a fan in there with some form of filter what do you think ?
hudmut
hudmut

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2010-07-05

https://s249.photobucket.com/albums/gg203/hudmut/My%20little%20se

Back to top Go down

Post  chop Wed 30 Mar 2011, 9:05 pm

I Bought a 5ft x 5th poly green house off eBay. Put a 6" fan in the roof with pipe to outside. Then got some wadding off the mrs and made to plywood frames which screw through the poly and clamp the wadding to act as a filter. Old bed sheet at the bottom for a floor which I soak with water to keep the dust down. before I spray works quite well. Considering I do a fair bit of woodwork in my shed
chop
chop

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2010-03-06

Back to top Go down

Spray booth Empty Re: Spray booth

Post  hudmut Wed 30 Mar 2011, 9:22 pm

Well thats made me fill better nowing that some one else has done the same.

Ill got for it then and see how it works out

cheers
hudmut
hudmut

Back to top Go down

Post  lynnr Thu 31 Mar 2011, 8:03 am

Hi

If you catch the series Street Custom Berlin. Where West Coast Customs set a shop up in Berlin they use a plastic sheet over the car lift as a temp booth. So if the pro's do it why not us.
lynnr
lynnr

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post  hudmut Fri 01 Apr 2011, 10:42 pm

Well i orded some timber to day got a fan of a mate in the aircon trade as well as a filter box going to buid my self some thing in the corner of the work shop and see how it goes.

I did see that on the westcost show one think i would say about them them must get thought some MDF they make every thing out of it
hudmut
hudmut

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down