Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foden SWB Kit 1

4 posters

Go down

Foden SWB Kit 1 Empty Foden SWB Kit 1

Post  Vapor Sun 27 Dec 2009, 11:03 pm

Hi all,

Hope you are all getting over the Christmas excesses, I have just unpacked my kit 1 and can't find the boiler cradle (F40104) just wondering if everyone else got theirs, it's shown in the P&F list and I did not see any notes advising the shortage.

Ian drunken santa
Vapor
Vapor

Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

Foden SWB Kit 1 Empty Foden SWB kit 1

Post  atomenter Mon 28 Dec 2009, 8:39 am

Hi Guys
I can confirm that I never received the boiler cradle either, nor the fixing kit for it. There are also problems with the length of some of the screws. I sent an e-mail to STW regarding this but it has beeen returned as there is problems with their server - probably shut down for the hols!! Does anybody know when they are back to work?

All the best for the New Year

Tom A
atomenter
atomenter

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Back to top Go down

Foden SWB Kit 1 Empty Re: Foden SWB Kit 1

Post  miller Mon 28 Dec 2009, 9:36 am

we are back at work on the 4th Cool

you will not have the boiler cradle with your kit as the castings are not due to arrive until sometime in January, you will get them with the next kit. it was decided to send the kit without them other wise there would have been no kit going out. i can't believe you were not told about this Rolling Eyes

can you give more detail on the fastener problem please.

Craig
miller
miller

Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Back to top Go down

Foden SWB Kit 1 Empty Foden SWB Kit 01

Post  atomenter Mon 28 Dec 2009, 9:56 am

Hi Craig
Thanks for the info on the cradle. I can confirm that I was not informed about this - I wasn't even told that the kit had been dispatched but I am not complaining!!
The fastenings for the rear spring hangers are too short as they now go through the towbar plate, they neet to be about 8mm longer. The fasteners for the top and bottom plate for the towbar are 50mm long. They need to be about 15mm longer. I have sent more details and photographs to STW although there seems to be a problem in the server accepting e-mails. Will speak to them next year. There is still enough prep work to be done for the painting etc to keep me going.

Best Regards

Tom A
atomenter
atomenter

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Vapor Mon 28 Dec 2009, 10:36 am

Hi Craig,

I can confirm no note was enclosed to advise of the shortage, it is still shown on the P&F list perhaps a note showing it crossed off would have been the easiest way.

I also noted in the instruction it says we have included a "Fly sheet" from Precision Paints this was also not included, not a problem but just to let you know, please be assured I am not moaning just letting STW know of any faults I feel sure I speak for all we were happy to get the kit before Christmas.

Thanks to all at STW for working so hard to get so many kits out before Christmas.

Ian santa cheers
Vapor
Vapor

Back to top Go down

Post  miller Mon 28 Dec 2009, 11:47 am

OK, thanks guys. all i can do at the moment is apologize for the mistakes Embarassed

i'll get onto them as soon as we get back to STW towers on Monday 4th. I'm sure the correct fasteners will be sent out as soon as possible.

Craig
miller
miller

Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Steam Traction World Tue 29 Dec 2009, 9:14 am

Hi Guys,

I'm going in to the factory today to see if i can sort the email/server problem. While i am there i will see what fasteners we have in stock and if we have some longer ones will put them in the post to everyone this evening. If there are none in stock then i will see if i can order them (assuming the supplier hasn't closed fro Xmas) and send them in the New Year.

Dean

Steam Traction World
Admin

Number of posts : 946

http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Vapor Tue 29 Dec 2009, 9:47 am

Well done Dean, your the man you were right er "in doors" had signed for kit 1 and forgot to tell me, how can she forget a parcel 6" long weighing 50kgs sitting in the middle of the hall.

Women you can't live with em and can;t live without them Laughing

Ian
Vapor
Vapor

Back to top Go down

Post  Steam Traction World Tue 29 Dec 2009, 2:18 pm

Hi Guys,

I've been in to the factory this morning and sorted the email problems. While i was there i have also put in the post some longer fasteners to enable you to assemble Kit 1. Although i've not had time to check what has happened and how the error has occured, so i can not clarify if everyone has an issue, i hope the fasteners i have sent prevent any delays in constuction.

All the best

Dean

Steam Traction World
Admin

Number of posts : 946

http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down