Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Falling behind schedule with my build….

3 posters

Go down

Falling behind schedule with my build…. Empty Falling behind schedule with my build….

Post  milford59 Fri 02 Sep 2022, 7:11 pm

I haven’t posted about any of my new kits lately - that’s because I haven’t even properly opened the last 3…. I didn’t seem to get much time over the last couple of months to work on my engine. Other things seemed to get in the way. I got the tender back on so that I could do the gear change etc., and that’s all fine, but I haven’t actually finished putting the fittings on the tender and checked it for leakage, so that’s got to be done.

Then I realised that although I have painted, striped and varnished the guards , I haven’t trial fitted them, and I need to keep the tender on for that. I think I was a bit premature with finishing them off, as they could get damaged but I’ll make the best of it and see what happens. So I have decided to go back and completely finish the belly tank before taking stock of exactly where I am, and what job should be next….The belly tank is striped and rubbed down and over the next few days I will varnish it and get it mounted.

milford59

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2019-05-19

Back to top Go down

Falling behind schedule with my build…. Empty Re: Falling behind schedule with my build….

Post  lynnr Sat 03 Sep 2022, 7:10 pm

Hi

No worries on the sporadic nature of the posts. It is a hobby and pasttime not a job.
lynnr
lynnr

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2010-08-06

milford59 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Falling behind schedule with my build…. Empty 18 kits and counting

Post  wiggy Thu 08 Sep 2022, 8:16 am

ive so far got 18 kits (for my Foden) and haven't started so ur not doing to badly
i dont have any intention of starting build any time soon so ur doing ok

wiggy

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2020-11-19

Back to top Go down

Falling behind schedule with my build…. Empty Re: Falling behind schedule with my build….

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down