Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Planned schedule for the coming Year

4 posters

Go down

Planned schedule for the coming Year Empty Planned schedule for the coming Year

Post  highpressure Thu 07 Jan 2010, 7:54 pm

Hi Steve and Dean,

Now the initial excitement of the first kit of the new model has come and gone I was wondering ( once the snow has gone and people can get about normally) what the planned release schedule for the coming year is. Are you hoping to get a kit out once a month or are you going to need a bit more time to pick up the pace? Also if you fall behind are you going to use months without kits (such as kit 6, boiler deposit) to regain a bit of time.

Not trying to push just curious and trying to budget for the coming year ( so that you can be paid ON TIME )

Best regards Kevyn.
highpressure
highpressure

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.simplydigitalaerials.com

Back to top Go down

Planned schedule for the coming Year Empty Re: Planned schedule for the coming Year

Post  miller Thu 07 Jan 2010, 9:08 pm

Steve and dean are away in Germany this week. I'm sure they will answer all queries when they get back Cool

Craig
miller
miller

Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Back to top Go down

Planned schedule for the coming Year Empty Re: Planned schedule for the coming Year

Post  sonick45 Tue 12 Jan 2010, 6:01 pm

A few breaks here and there would be handy as it gives those on a tight budget a breather, however having completed kit one i am hungry for kit 2... bring it on.. Very Happy

sonick45

Number of posts : 511
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Graeme81 Tue 12 Jan 2010, 9:34 pm

Hi Nick,
Just wondering how the burrellroadloco site is coming along...now that you have finished assembling kit 1 there should be lots of pics available for us to see...I'm not getting my kits until there are atleast 6 completed so that i can collect them all at once and save on postage.
I am hoping your build diary will quench the thirst so to speak and help me thru a difficult few months of waiting !! Rolling Eyes
Graeme81
Graeme81

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  sonick45 Wed 13 Jan 2010, 10:00 am

Graeme81 wrote:Hi Nick,
Just wondering how the burrellroadloco site is coming along...now that you have finished assembling kit 1 there should be lots of pics available for us to see...I'm not getting my kits until there are atleast 6 completed so that i can collect them all at once and save on postage.
I am hoping your build diary will quench the thirst so to speak and help me thru a difficult few months of waiting !! Rolling Eyes

The site is coming along. Needs updating as i have some new pictures to add. (i'll perhaps do this today seems we've had another ton of snow here over night.) In the last picture you can see i have cut grooves into the rim with an angle grind. I did this give the liquid rubber something extra to key too. I have done the same to the inside of the tires too.

Planned schedule for the coming Year Dscf2811[/url][/img]
Planned schedule for the coming Year Dscf2812
Planned schedule for the coming Year Dscf2813

One thing I will say is the front wheels were so quick and easy to assemble that i forgot to take photos at points in the build.
By the time i'd got all the spokes on I was already onto putting the rivets in before i realized i should have taken more photos.

it's all a learning curve i guess.

I'm sure Julia wont mind me mentioning this but I really do recommend looking at her build site for the single cylinder 4" that she built. CLICK HERE
Her site is really detailed and I have used it for reference.

i don't intend in going into so much depth on mine merely brushing over what needs to be done rather than explaining all the difficulties we will come across.

Good luck to you when you finally start..
I hope you have lots of space for those six big HEAVY boxes !!!

Nick

sonick45

Back to top Go down

Post  sonick45 Fri 15 Jan 2010, 10:04 am

Just wanted to get this thread back on track and back to the top.

highpressure wrote:

Hi Steve and Dean,

Now the initial excitement of the first kit of the new model has come and gone I was wondering ( once the snow has gone and people can get about normally) what the planned release schedule for the coming year is. Are you hoping to get a kit out once a month or are you going to need a bit more time to pick up the pace? Also if you fall behind are you going to use months without kits (such as kit 6, boiler deposit) to regain a bit of time.

Not trying to push just curious and trying to budget for the coming year ( so that you can be paid ON TIME )

Best regards Kevyn.

It's a good question as i'm sure we are all now eagerly awaiting kit 2 to arrive and quietly wondering how long we have to budget for kit 3 onwards....

sonick45

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down