Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canadian builders

3 posters

Go down

Canadian builders Empty Canadian builders

Post  doug Wed 18 May 2022, 8:32 pm

I am in the process of hoping to jump into the building of a 4 inch Agri kit and would like to be able to chat to any Canadian customers that have taken the plunge . Questions i have a concern over are , import duties , best shipping cost alternatives ( 27 kits , 12 kits , 2 kits or 1 shipment ).
I imagine the government will have it all figured out that no matter how many shipments , it will all add up to the consumer getting screwed over both duty and shipping costs , but i would like to know how others have proceeded .Thanks .
email is dunlopdp@brucetelecom.com

doug

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2022-04-07

Back to top Go down

Canadian builders Empty Re: Canadian builders

Post  milford59 Thu 19 May 2022, 4:13 pm

doug wrote: I am in the process of hoping to jump into the building of a 4 inch Agri kit and would like to be able to chat to any Canadian customers that have taken the plunge . Questions i have a concern over are , import duties , best shipping cost alternatives ( 27 kits , 12 kits , 2 kits or  1 shipment ).
I imagine the government will have it all figured out that no matter how many shipments , it will all add up to the consumer getting screwed over both duty and shipping costs , but i would like to know how others have proceeded .Thanks .
email is  dunlopdp@brucetelecom.com

Your best bet is to contact the factory and ask them whether they have ever sold a kit to someone in Canada - if so, they may be able to put you in touch with said person. There is not a huge amount of activity on this forum, so the chances of a Canadian builder seeing your message may be lower then you would like to think. Best of luck with your prospective build.

milford59

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2019-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post  doug Thu 19 May 2022, 5:10 pm

Thanks Milford ,,Unfortunately Dean informed me they do not log their customers (over1500) by country so even that route isnt easy .
Dean has reached out to one he remembered , to see if he would be okay with giving me his contact info , until then i will just continue to read posts and try to gain some insight .

doug

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2022-04-07

milford59 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  gwr1475 Fri 10 Jun 2022, 1:05 am

Hi,

I’m in Canada, Victoria BC. Where abouts are you.

I sent you a email as well

Regards

Mark
gwr1475
gwr1475

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2012-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down