Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6" Little Samson Order Book Open - £27618 Early Bird Price

3 posters

Go down

6" Little Samson Order Book Open - £27618 Early Bird Price Empty 6" Little Samson Order Book Open - £27618 Early Bird Price

Post  Steam Traction World Tue 13 Oct 2020, 8:27 pm

Order Book for new 6" Little Samson Traction Engine kit now open. (with one order already placed prior to it opening)

**EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT** SAVING up to £2150 on list price.

Starting from only £27,618 (£29,768 list) or as little as £749 per month for the first 10 orders.

1 magnificent engine....4 options and pricing structures.

Option 1 Fast build: Fully machined kit over 27 months.

Option 2 Monthly Saver: Fully machined kit over 36 months.

Option 3 Ready to Rally: As option 2 with kits paid for monthly however instead of customer building and painting the kits they are sent to our colleagues at Norfolk Loco Works who will build on your behalf and supply ready to rally after being painted and assembled in your choice of livery.

Option 4 Home Machinist: Drawings available with option of purchasing castings, boiler or individual machined components to suit workshop and ability. (please note option 4 we are still sorting stock etc so is not quite available just yet).

A holding deposit of only £295 is currently being accepted by email on first ten orders only. (the balance of deposit then due when a firm production start date is confirmed. Holding deposits are fully refundable should we not commence with production due to insufficient orders). Anticipated start date Spring 2021.

Should you wish to secure one of the first ten at the special discounted price then you can do so by emailing info@steamtractionworld.co.uk and an order form can be sent by return or by telephoning 01327 301030 ext 1 where we can complete it on your behalf.

For further information and full pricing on Options 1,2 & 3 please visit the website using the link below.

http://www.steamtractionworld.com/little-samson-6-inch-scale.html

6" Little Samson Order Book Open - £27618 Early Bird Price Keith_11

Steam Traction World
Admin

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

LiveSteam likes this post

Back to top Go down

6" Little Samson Order Book Open - £27618 Early Bird Price Empty Re: 6" Little Samson Order Book Open - £27618 Early Bird Price

Post  GeoffD Wed 20 Jan 2021, 2:50 pm

Do you have any more information on option 4 for home machinists? I sent an email to the info@ address but havent heard back yet.

I'm looking at a traction engine build (either a Burrell SCC / DCC 4 inch, but preferably the Little Samson 6 inch engine as its the one I would really want to attempt). Essentially I'm looking to kit build the larger parts (Wheels, fly-wheel etc) and then buy castings and machine the smaller parts myself over a longer timeframe to spread the cost as I'm new to metal work and would be learning as I go. This would be a massive time saver for me and would mean I don't need to invest in big lathes / milling machines but could still do a bit of machining myself.

The other option I might consider would be a kit build over a longer time frame (60/72 months) but I don't know whether this would be available?

Do you also have a price for the drawings yet?

Many thanks, Geoff Day

GeoffD

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2021-01-20

Back to top Go down

6" Little Samson Order Book Open - £27618 Early Bird Price Empty Re: 6" Little Samson Order Book Open - £27618 Early Bird Price

Post  Will@STW Wed 20 Jan 2021, 4:17 pm

GeoffD wrote:Do you have any more information on option 4 for home machinists? I sent an email to the info@ address but havent heard back yet.

I'm looking at a traction engine build (either a Burrell SCC / DCC 4 inch, but preferably the Little Samson 6 inch engine as its the one I would really want to attempt). Essentially I'm looking to kit build the larger parts (Wheels, fly-wheel etc) and then buy castings and machine the smaller parts myself over a longer timeframe to spread the cost as I'm new to metal work and would be learning as I go. This would be a massive time saver for me and would mean I don't need to invest in big lathes / milling machines but could still do a bit of machining myself.

The other option I might consider would be a kit build over a longer time frame (60/72 months) but I don't know whether this would be available?

Do you also have a price for the drawings yet?

Many thanks, Geoff Day

Hi Geoff

I have just spoken to Dean and he sent an email this afternoon.

Many thanks

Will@STW
Will@STW
Will@STW

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2019-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down