Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi! Another newbie joins the SCC Club!

5 posters

Go down

Hi! Another newbie joins the SCC Club! Empty Hi! Another newbie joins the SCC Club!

Post  SimonW Wed 08 Oct 2014, 7:51 am

Hi All,

After much deliberation (and "discussions") with the wife, I have just placed the deposit for my SCC, and can't wait for the first kit to arrive!
I haven't even finished sorting the "workshop" space yet - garage needs a proper clear-out into the shed to give me some rom to work!

Looking forward to the build - I am sure I'll have many questions to post, as I'm certainly not an experienced engineer, but the forum seems a very friendly and helpful place!

Have watched most of ChrisX's vids and they are really useful - fingers crossed for a good build... Very Happy

Simon

SimonW

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2014-10-08

Back to top Go down

Hi! Another newbie joins the SCC Club! Empty Re: Hi! Another newbie joins the SCC Club!

Post  ChriX Wed 08 Oct 2014, 9:05 am

Welcome aboard Simon! Really glad the videos of me waffling were actually of use. If you want any more information on anything don't hesitate to ask and hopefully those of us who are ahead can help out.
ChriX
ChriX

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2012-06-22

Back to top Go down

Hi! Another newbie joins the SCC Club! Empty Re: Hi! Another newbie joins the SCC Club!

Post  the governer Wed 08 Oct 2014, 12:14 pm

Hi Simon,

Welcome aboard!

Where in the county are you, I am just over the border in Verwood, and building a Road loco.

Mark.
the governer
the governer

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2013-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post  lintonsteam Wed 08 Oct 2014, 12:38 pm

hi welcome to the fold good luck with your build, by the way I am from Northumberland where you from

lintonsteam

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2013-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post  storey Wed 08 Oct 2014, 10:37 pm

Hi Simon, welcome! I'm also from Hampshire.

storey

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2013-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post  SimonW Fri 10 Oct 2014, 8:00 pm

Thanks for all your replies!
Chris, I'll definitely have questions I'm sure, and your eye for detail and quest for a great finish is exactly the ethos I plan to approach this with!
Mark, I'm over in Barton on Sea, new milton. I know Verwood reasonably well... We should hook up at some point for a pint and a chat about steam stuff, it would be rude not too as we are so close...
Lintonsteam, are you building a 4" SCC as well?
Storey, whereabouts in Hampshire are you from? Are you also a SCC builder?

First kit in December so I have a little time to sort my build space out, but can't wait!

I'll be sure to keep up to date on the forum and post some pics once I get going....

SimonW

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2014-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down