Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Richard and Ann 4" scale Burrell Agricultural Traction Engine

5 posters

Go down

Richard and Ann 4" scale Burrell Agricultural Traction Engine Empty Richard and Ann 4" scale Burrell Agricultural Traction Engine

Post  Richard Mon 26 Mar 2012, 10:56 pm

some pic Richard and Ann 4" scale Burrell Agricultural Traction Engine Kit_2_12
Richard and Ann 4" scale Burrell Agricultural Traction Engine Kit_2_16
Richard and Ann 4" scale Burrell Agricultural Traction Engine Kit_2_17
Richard and Ann 4" scale Burrell Agricultural Traction Engine Kit_2_18
Richard
Richard

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2011-09-08

Back to top Go down

Richard and Ann 4" scale Burrell Agricultural Traction Engine Empty Re: Richard and Ann 4" scale Burrell Agricultural Traction Engine

Post  MrStationHouse Tue 27 Mar 2012, 7:08 am

Looking good, is that spray or brush?

Grease nipples are a good idea, almost put them in mine till I broke the tap in the hole and decided a squirt of oil would have to do.

Enjoy the build
Simon

MrStationHouse

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Richard and Ann 4" scale Burrell Agricultural Traction Engine Empty Re: Richard and Ann 4" scale Burrell Agricultural Traction Engine

Post  lynnr Tue 27 Mar 2012, 7:43 am

Nice another build and more potential friends. good to see another engine started and look forward to following progress.

lynnr
lynnr

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Tue 27 Mar 2012, 5:57 pm

sprayed with a air brush so easy to clean and you can get as much paint ideal for small jobs with out wasting to much paint

Last edited by Richard on Tue 27 Mar 2012, 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Richard
Richard

Back to top Go down

Post  Robfishman Tue 27 Mar 2012, 9:13 pm

Looks good and a nice smooth finish, nice to see others adding grease nipples to this area.
Robfishman
Robfishman

Number of posts : 1061
Registration date : 2010-11-26

http://www.robertfish.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Tue 27 Mar 2012, 10:34 pm

the Grease nipples were surplyed by stw but im putting one on the axle pin myself
Richard
Richard

Back to top Go down

Richard and Ann 4" scale Burrell Agricultural Traction Engine Empty pinstripes

Post  Richard Sun 22 Apr 2012, 8:37 am

Richard and Ann 4" scale Burrell Agricultural Traction Engine Img_0411

how many time did i rub off and start againe need more paint about a gallen lol

Richard and Ann 4" scale Burrell Agricultural Traction Engine Img_0413
Richard
Richard

Back to top Go down

Richard and Ann 4" scale Burrell Agricultural Traction Engine Empty Another newbie.

Post  bayleaf-123 Fri 08 Feb 2013, 8:07 pm

Hi Richard and anne. As the title suggests , I am a newbie , and this is my first post , prompted by looking at your pictures . I decided to purchase complete from Station Road Steam last year as I had the money , and after illness, I was concerned that I may be short of time. My engine can be viewed on the archive No. 5467 at Station Road. The colour is very correct to a full size engine I saw a few years ago at , I think , Barleylands. The reason I contacted you is your perch bracket with grease nipple. I shall be going over my engine tomorrow as I do not recall seeing any grease nipples on mine . They may be there , I just did not notlce them. Terrible I know , but I am more at home with 5" loco's . You may rest assured , if there are none , The engine will be back to a kit of parts by Sunday P.M. ! Good luck with your build , it is looking good . Richard

bayleaf-123

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Fri 08 Feb 2013, 11:21 pm

hi richard yes they are but im not shore if the older one had them in but you could drill and taps some ive put a bent one on the top off the axle theres just a hole to put oil
thanks richard
Richard
Richard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down