Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cylinder Blocks

+9
mikero
Robfishman
Steam Traction World
martinj
HStannard
iain
craig@STW
hippy dave
burrell1
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Cylinder Blocks - Page 2 Empty Re: Cylinder Blocks

Post  bjwlancashire Thu 24 Oct 2013, 2:19 pm

Dean

Just catching up on forum posts and saw this thread, really sorry this has happened and I hope that you are able to claim the value back from Interlink Express, that is diabolical. considering the DCC blocks survived so well as they were pretty heavy and they only got shipped in multiple cardboard layers that has taken some effort to bust the flanges off.

I just hope you made everything clear regarding the delicacy of these parts with regard to how you issued the transport request and they have no escape clause.

Gutted

Brian
bjwlancashire
bjwlancashire

Number of posts : 938
Registration date : 2010-09-07

Back to top Go down

Cylinder Blocks - Page 2 Empty New cylinder block

Post  burrell1 Fri 25 Oct 2013, 7:12 pm

I returned a large piece of cast iron scrap, created by Interlink Express, to the STW factory this morning and collected a replacement cylinder block.  I even had the opportunity to choose which cylinder block that I wanted.  It’s always enjoyable to visit the factory but on this occasion it was a bit of a sad event.  It was however good to have a chat with Steve and Dean about current production and future ideas.  I would like to thank Steve, Dean, Isabel and everyone at STW for all their help and support with regard to my broken cylinder block.  I would also like to especially thank Ian for loading the new cylinder block into the boot of my car as I am unable to lift it on my own.

Bill

Cylinder Blocks - Page 2 Img_8010

burrell1

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Ptolomy Sat 26 Oct 2013, 5:38 pm

Well my cylinder block set off from STW on Monday and by Tuesday afternoon was devoid of its box and was in a Birmingham depot. It was supposed to be being returned to STW for inspection and collection but they couldnt even get that right and it turned up at the goods inwards at work on Friday. Here is a picture of the packing - that is their packing as received

Cylinder Blocks - Page 2 Img_0010

I am lucky in that this superb piece of engineering survived. I am very impressed with it too. However.... the paperwork was missing (soon corrected by Steve emailing it to me (Thanks Steve)) and the tin of steamseal was .... well judge for yourself...

Cylinder Blocks - Page 2 Img_0011

Frankly, I find it astonishing that a courier can be so cavalier with other peoples goods in their care for which they are being paid. I wonder how many would be so cavalier if their lives actually depended on it. Only a couple of weeks ago I witnessed another courier at our goods inwards hurling packages out of the back of the van (and yes I do mena hurling) because he couldnt find the one he was looking for. Shocking really. I do hope that STW are compensated for any losses and quickly - this level of service must surely be in anyone's eyes unacceptable to say the very least.

Ptolomy

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2012-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Robfishman Sat 26 Oct 2013, 6:40 pm

I wonder what excuse they will use for such carelessness.
Robfishman
Robfishman

Number of posts : 1061
Registration date : 2010-11-26

http://www.robertfish.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2