Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vulcanised Front Wheels

2 posters

Go down

Vulcanised Front Wheels Empty Vulcanised Front Wheels

Post  Steam Traction World Tue 29 May 2012, 10:07 am

Just spoken to the vulcanising company.............

The have said that not only are they off Monday and Tuesday for the Jubilee bank holiday they are also having this Friday off as well. We were hoping for an initial batch (regardless of the quantity) shipped to us this week so we could hopefully ship some customers their wheels this week. Unfortunately they do not believe they will have enough ready after Op 1 to warrant setting up Op 2 and achieving this.

They are therefore planning to run the full quantity of 40 wheels on Op 1 this week and then start Op 2 when they return next Wednesday. There is then the possibility we can collect some next Thursday morning and despatch them Thursday afternoon for a two kit delivery next Friday.

The rear wheels for the next two kits due out at the end of June are due in any day.

All the best

Dean

Steam Traction World
Admin

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Vulcanised Front Wheels Empty Re: Vulcanised Front Wheels

Post  Adam Brown Fri 15 Jun 2012, 9:19 am

On the subject of paint for these wheels I believe they will need an Etch Primer.

Some of you may have experience with UPOL's brushing etch so I'll leave that for others to comment on.

From my point of view (as a paint supplier) the whole point and purpose of an Etch Primer are such that it shouldn't brush - it needs to key in straight away. Therefore we sell it in Aerosols only (or in litres for spraying for commercial users). I reckon an Aerosol ought to do two wheels but I'll get back to the forum later this weekend with deffinitive answer on that

Once the Etch is on Undercoat, Top Coat etc all the same as usual

Adam Brown

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2012-02-07

Back to top Go down