Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Chimney for the Burrell

3 posters

Go down

New Chimney for the Burrell Empty New Chimney for the Burrell

Post  Steve Traill Sun 14 Dec 2008, 12:17 am

I've just fitted the new (larger) chimney to my Burrell and it looks great. It was easy to change & the holes were almost identical so only needed a little filing. I sealed the casting to the smokebox with clear builders silicone as before. This has lasted three years and the smokebox was rust free & shiney underneath the casting. It was easy to seperate as well. I'm giving 'Trelawney' a good clean this year (first time) so it should be pristine for next years rallies. I'm happy to report that after three years of rallying no problems have been detected in the running gear or any of the moving parts. This has to be testamount to good design and quality engineering.

By the way I think this forum is excellent for keeping everyone in touch, especially about deliveries of kits, well done Steve & Dean and a Merry Xmas to everyone

Steve santa
Steve Traill
Steve Traill

Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

New Chimney for the Burrell Empty NEW CHIMNEY

Post  ROY KING Sun 01 Feb 2009, 2:34 pm

WHAT WAS THE PRICE AND WHERE DID YOU GET IT FROM

ROY KING

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-06-25

Back to top Go down

New Chimney for the Burrell Empty Re: New Chimney for the Burrell

Post  tef 20 Sun 01 Feb 2009, 10:55 pm

If Steve has done the same as me it will be the chimney from the second batch of 4" burrell which is wider, i ended up paying about £269 for mine but i think it is cheaper than that now. So if you have the second batch you will be ok i have included a picture of my 2 chimneys i think you will spot the diference.
New Chimney for the Burrell DSCF2683

Hope this helps

mark
tef 20
tef 20

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

New Chimney for the Burrell Empty New chimey

Post  Steve Traill Mon 02 Feb 2009, 9:30 pm

New Chimney for the Burrell Dscn0718
New Chimney for the Burrell Dscn0719

Here's the new chimney awaiting it's first steaming, the number plate was supplied from a company (now no longer in business) called Camborne Radiators (I know I didn't see any connection either) but they ordered them from someone in Manchester. They are really accurate replicas being made of pressed alluminium. They cost about the same as a standard car set which somehow seemed unfair but hey what can you do! Rolling Eyes
Steve Traill
Steve Traill

Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

New Chimney for the Burrell Empty Re: New Chimney for the Burrell

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down