Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joining a club?

2 posters

Go down

Joining a club? Empty Joining a club?

Post  slash1953 Wed 09 Feb 2022, 8:20 am

Hi,
I need to get my 2" steam tested but the only way it seems is to join a club that I dont fancy doing?
I did apply to join one to see what they did etc and asked when the next meeting was etc.
They gave me a date and said there was a talk about Tiger Tanks???? Another reason I dont bother....
Im looking for a mobile tester but they are miles away from me (Herts?
Any suggestion please?
Thanks

slash1953

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2021-08-21

Back to top Go down

Joining a club? Empty Re: Joining a club?

Post  LiveSteam Wed 09 Feb 2022, 7:06 pm

Mmmmm clubs, yeah I avoid them like the plague, I'm sure they are ideal for some but most want you to do "stuff" which is fair enough as thats how clubs work, but I dont have time for my own "stuff" let alone other folks.

Normally you can find a commercial tester who will fit you in on one of their rounds or look to see if there are other local folks who use a commercial tester and have a get together test day and employ a commercial tester to do a number of models. I think a few folks do this.

You could try https://boiler-inspector.co.uk/ as I know Peter travels all over the Country and I know he does a lot of our engines, he does mine as well so maybe I'm biased.

LiveSteam

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2013-09-08

slash1953 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  slash1953 Wed 09 Feb 2022, 7:08 pm

cheers bud,have contacted them.

slash1953

Back to top Go down

Post  slash1953 Sun 13 Feb 2022, 8:55 am

LiveSteam wrote:Mmmmm clubs, yeah I avoid them like the plague, I'm sure they are ideal for some but most want you to do "stuff" which is fair enough as thats how clubs work, but I dont have time for my own "stuff" let alone other folks.

Normally you can find a commercial tester who will fit you in on one of their rounds or look to see if there are other local folks who use a commercial tester and have a get together test day and employ a commercial tester to do a number of models. I think a few folks do this.

You could try https://boiler-inspector.co.uk/ as I know Peter travels all over the Country and I know he does a lot of our engines, he does mine as well so maybe I'm biased.
ive spoken to Keith and hes coming over to do two of my engines. thanks for the heads up. t

slash1953

Back to top Go down

Post  LiveSteam Mon 14 Feb 2022, 8:20 pm

Result, I was only talking to Keith on Sunday as well as I met him at a local exhibition Cool

Hope it works out for you.

LiveSteam

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2013-09-08

slash1953 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down