Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steam pipe from the Injector to the righthand Globe Valve

2 posters

Go down

Steam pipe from the Injector to the righthand Globe Valve Empty Steam pipe from the Injector to the righthand Globe Valve

Post  steamlaser Tue 20 Aug 2019, 3:15 pm

I have been having a great deal of trouble with the pipework and have had to modify various pipes.
The pipe from the right hand globe valve goes down to the steam feed of the injector. The lower Injector pipe enters through the side of the tender and there is a male to male adapter which should connect to the pipe going to the Globe valve.
1. Is the pipe from the Globe valve routed behind the shaft housing and then runs down the side of the Water Gauge?
2. The pipe supplied that goes to the Globe valve will no way fit and I will have to anneal it and try and get it to fit somehow.
If someone could send a picture of their pipework it would be most appreciated.
Also having lots of problems getting the gear selectors to work. The Spur gears on the splines have been fettled so they have free movement. Once I have install the 6 mm shaft for selectors the whole thing locks up solid.
Any advice would be appreciated.

steamlaser

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2014-11-13

Back to top Go down

Steam pipe from the Injector to the righthand Globe Valve Empty Re: Steam pipe from the Injector to the righthand Globe Valve

Post  Simon C Wed 21 Aug 2019, 9:14 pm

Try this thread
https://traction.forumotion.com/t2143-my-burrell-new-build
Chas did a good picture build, about page 4 I think.
this one might help with the gear problems.
https://traction.forumotion.com/t2475-gear-mechanism-help-needed
Simon C
Simon C
Simon C

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2017-07-07

Back to top Go down

Steam pipe from the Injector to the righthand Globe Valve Empty Query about pipework and gear change mechanism

Post  steamlaser Wed 21 Aug 2019, 11:44 pm

Many thanks for the response about pipe connections and the Gear Change mechanism. I have followed the links and they have proved useful. I am going to have to do some more careful easing of the gearchange and rebending of copper pipes.

steamlaser

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2014-11-13

Back to top Go down

Steam pipe from the Injector to the righthand Globe Valve Empty Re: Steam pipe from the Injector to the righthand Globe Valve

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down