Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2" Burrell engine

5 posters

Go down

2" Burrell engine Empty 2" Burrell engine

Post  TonyT Wed 18 Jun 2008, 4:21 pm

I also would like to wish Dean and Steve all the best with this venture.

I have been building a 2" Burrell for the last 18 months and I'm up to kit 15 less boiler (kits 12 & 13).

I was also 3 payments ahead with MW including a receipt for the 1st payment on the boiler.

I wondered if anyone had received a boiler,and also,was there any 2" Burrell parts or kits in stock ready for despatch ie kit 16 and above or boilers,as I would really like to finish my engine.

Last edited by TonyT on Wed 18 Jun 2008, 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : trying to upload picture of engine)
TonyT
TonyT

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

2" Burrell engine Empty Re: 2" Burrell engine

Post  miller Wed 18 Jun 2008, 5:53 pm

2inch burrell boilers had started manufacture but only one had recived final machining (to prove the silver soldering jig) at the time modelworks went under.

not sure about other kits.
miller
miller

Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Back to top Go down

2" Burrell engine Empty 2" BURRELLTRACTION ENGINES

Post  Big Al Wed 18 Jun 2008, 9:33 pm

Hi All

I too am working on the 2" Burrell and have made the first payment on the boiler

I do hope that we will be able to continue the model as, so far I have had no problem with the kits so far and was enjoying the build. Not too upset about the delays because I am having a kitchen extension and no room or time to continue at the moment

My only gripe with MW was the customer services and non response to emails so I am hopeful that this new venture will ensure that customer service is a priority!

If anyone has any helpful tips on the kits we have done so far I would be interested inany comments or suggestions as I have slightly modified mine to make it more like the big ones.

Big Al

Big Al

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

2" Burrell engine Empty 2" Burrell

Post  Vapor Sun 22 Jun 2008, 10:05 pm

Hi Dean/Steve,

Good luck with the new venture I hope things get sorted soon.

Ian
Vapor
Vapor

Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post  BUNGLE Thu 26 Jun 2008, 5:30 pm

I THINK WE CAN ALL WISH STEVE & DEAN WELL WITH THE NEW VENTURE. WHEN I STARTED MY OWN BUSINESS SAME YWEARS AGO, I'VE ALWAYS SAID THAT THE FIRST SIX MONTHS WERE A NIGHTMARE, AND THE SECOND SIX MONTHS WAS A BAD DREAM !!!!!
ON SOME DAYS NOW, IT STILL IS !!!!!

ALL THE BEST
BRUCE

BUNGLE

Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down