Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A day under ground

Go down

A day under ground Empty A day under ground

Post  hughb Thu 12 Nov 2009, 9:49 pm

HI all
I went caving with a mate over the last W/E so here are some pics for you .How can I put it.
The rain was bad Mad Sad and down it came .Well some other cavers were there getting ready.
A day under ground Cimg2863
As we went over the hill the sun came out and WOW Very Happy Cool Razz
A day under ground Cimg2873
Most of the pics under ground were bad it is the steam and light you know.
But one is ok and it is MEA day under ground Cimg2849
Here is my mate coming out then me. Laughing Cool
A day under ground Cimg2859A day under ground Cimg2852
hughb
hughb

Number of posts : 575
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

A day under ground Empty Re: A day under ground

Post  hughb Thu 12 Nov 2009, 9:50 pm

OOPPPsss
Ok the last bit we are off it a weak or so if you guys want some more pics ??
hughb
hughb

Back to top Go down

Post  hughb Sun 22 Nov 2009, 6:33 pm

Hi guys
I now am back from our trip ..AS YOU MAY of seen it PI$$ED down No affraid ....so we did not do the trip that we were going to do ..As we would be wahed in and things would be bad .Or worse.....So one of my mates up north said lets go on a trip that is SRT {that is single rope tekneak}..Here are some pics for you .
A day under ground Cimg2880Head of the pich
A day under ground Cimg2881This gose down 70ft to another rope to go 20 ft to floor.There are 5 piches for us to do.
A day under ground Cimg2894Just our rope going up but gess who is to go up next .Me just 90 ftA day under ground Cimg2895
A day under ground Cimg2901A day under ground Cimg2906 just coming down
and the last oneA day under ground Cimg2908
OK all the other pics are all steamey ....In the night there was flooding and we drove to the pub .So we did not cave .But we did go to Magpie mine museum. Here are some pics of the place ...........HO yes as you may know in museums you have to be quite and not toch things ....WELL FORGET all that ..
Just one of the best is the old call bell . You pull the leverA day under ground Cimg2910And it rings .
There are hollow walls that you can go through this is one of my mates and yes he is jamedA day under ground Cimg2926Just on of the ladders A day under ground Cimg2927Going down this means that you fall out in to the walk way to the stones if there are viters there it is funny .
Ok now for some things we used to caving with these A day under ground Cimg2912lampes
A day under ground Cimg2921These boxes held gun poder found in the old mines..Ho yes get this for a drill bitA day under ground Cimg2922
All in All a good trip .It is wort the time as you can go down a gold mine and thing like ..
I will dig up the wab site if you guys like ..
hughb
hughb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down