Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A day under ground

3 posters

Go down

A day under ground Empty A day under ground

Post  hughb Sat 27 Jun 2009, 10:13 pm

Hi as some of you guys know I stand over 6'4"tall and one of the things I do is to go caving.... Very Happy Laughing
Here are some pics and what is going on..
A day under ground IJust me in the mine
A day under ground Gone of my mates
A day under ground Janother one BUT just look at the brackground Laughing Razz
A day under ground EUp the old ladder
A day under ground Ccarts and things A day under ground Dbusted barral found like this in 1981..
A day under ground BNot a good thing to get out just a calange. Surprised Mad
A day under ground H
Nice rock but it is about 50ft wide.
HO yes one way inA day under ground A
Well have fun looking I will get some more and the web link if you like
hughb
hughb

Number of posts : 575
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

A day under ground Empty Re: A day under ground

Post  LilyJack Mon 29 Jun 2009, 7:04 pm

HughB ya big ole ugly bugga!!!!!! Cool

That a copper mine per chance? Just looked at the blue/green n thought it was a reaction to air/water thats all. As for caving for me.. F£$% that.. Small enclosed spaces aint my thing most definitely not. I'd be a nervous gibbering wreck.. Couple of good pics though chap rabbit

LilyJack Cool

LilyJack

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2009-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post  TonyT Mon 29 Jun 2009, 9:05 pm

Hugh,cracking pics of the mine you were in.Where is it?

As a former miner at South Crofty tin mine,I find all that stuff intresting.Ahh,the joy of blowing up rock at the end of a shift drilling.Nothing,even now,will beat that feeling!!!

Lilyjack,the blue/green stuff you see on the rock is copper sulphate.It's caused by partilces of chalcopyrite(copper)and arsenopyrite(arsenic) being washed out by water and then oxidizing with the action of oxygen (I think).Whats more amazing is a substance called native copper,which is when particles of chalcopyrite wash down onto iron or steel and the copper then "grows" on the host metal.Amazing,seen it in places in the Tuckingmill Decline Shaft at Crofty .

Talking all things metal,I'm taking myself and my 2 sons of to the Sonisphere rock festival at Knebworth at the beginning of August.With bands like Airbourne,Feeder,Bullet For My Valentine,Linkin Park,and finishing with the mighty METALLICA,it should be a good weekend!
If it's anything like the recent Download festival,I should be "steaming"!
A day under ground 5008_111
Here's a pic of me,mrs and kids on the Sunday morning after a heavy night of beer and Slipknot,what you don't see is more beer by my feet drunken

Keeping things metal,heavy metal!

Tony cheers

Last edited by TonyT on Mon 29 Jun 2009, 10:08 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling and pic)
TonyT
TonyT

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post  hughb Mon 29 Jun 2009, 11:20 pm

LilyJack wrote:HughB ya big ole ugly bugga!!!!!! Cool

That a copper mine per chance? Just looked at the blue/green n thought it was a reaction to air/water thats all. As for caving for me.. F£$% that.. Small enclosed spaces aint my thing most definitely not. I'd be a nervous gibbering wreck.. Couple of good pics though chap rabbit

LilyJack Cool
HI just to let you know I do not like lifts as I get all giddy and swetty . One of my brothers finds it funny .Pluss I do not like the undergrounds AT ALL thay make me feel push in as I know what is on top ..
hughb
hughb

Back to top Go down

Post  hughb Mon 29 Jun 2009, 11:22 pm

TonyT wrote:Hugh,cracking pics of the mine you were in.Where is it?

Tony cheers
Hi Tony I forget as all I did was drive and drink that night .But I can find out .Hoyes it was a gided trip. But it is well worth the day pluss we as a caving club went on the next trip ....
hughb
hughb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down