Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from Germany

3 posters

Go down

Hello from Germany  Empty Hello from Germany

Post  TobyTetzy Sun 26 Feb 2023, 9:29 pm

Hello, I'm Toby from Germany.  
My father had been building steam engines for a number of years until I started building Hit and Miss engines (IHC Famous 1:3 Scale) and matching generators and powered well pumps (FE Myers) with him about 6 years ago.
Unfortunately, my father passed away after a motorcycle accident last year.  Now it's up to me to finish the many projects he's started.  
There is a 2" Fowler Road Loco from Plastow. Construction began in 1990, two IHC Titan 10-20 tractors in 1:4 scale and two Shand Manson in scale 1:4.
I have already parted with some smaller projects because stationary models  are not for me.
5 years ago we were still together in Dorset, where we were able to admire many beautiful models and of course originals.
At that time I was already enthusiastic about the 4" models and I thought about using them in the park and around the lake ours  place, maybe even take passengers.  
Now I'm actually asking myself the question of whether I might want to build a 4" DCC and hand over the projects I've started for it.
I can't build a model of that size myself.
The machines aren't big enough for that.
But before that I have a few questions.  
How or where can I find out whether the minimum number of a series has already been reached?
What about the costs for customs and shipping to Germany, what else would I have to expect?
I look forward to your answers, Greetings
TobyHello from Germany  Incoll11

TobyTetzy

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2017-09-01

Vapor, karl heinz marschner and kleiner nils like this post

Back to top Go down

Hello from Germany  Empty Re: Hello from Germany

Post  Simon C Mon 27 Feb 2023, 9:34 pm

Hello, Toby

"How or where can I find out whether the minimum number of a series has already been reached?
What about the costs for customs and shipping to Germany, what else would I have to expect?"

Try calling/email the factory.
Search on here for elwood-59. He built the DCC and is in Germany-NRW.

Steam Traction World
33 Alvis Way, Daventry, NN11 8PG. England
Tel: +44 (0)1327 301030 Fax: +44 (0)1327 300808
Email: info@steamtractionworld.co.uk

Hope that helps
Simon C
Simon C
Simon C

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2017-07-07

Back to top Go down

Hello from Germany  Empty Here is another guy from Germany

Post  karl heinz marschner Fri 24 Mar 2023, 11:19 pm

Hello Toby,

I just read your post. Your photos show, how many finished and semi finished projects you or rather your father have already accomplished. I am sitting in Duesseldorf and I own a pretty well equipped workshop. I am currently working on two projects:

My Shand & Mason looks pretty finished, but it is'nt yet. I hope to finish the pump this yearHello from Germany  Bild1110
Hello from Germany  Bild1010

My experiences with my Burrel 2 inch you can read in my posts in the Burrel 2 inch forum-section.

Your photo shows me, that you have worked on a Shand Mason as well. The two boilers and the two pumps are looking pretty fine, you should definitely finish this project. Perhaps I can help you with some tips.
Where are you living?

Best regards
Karl Heinz

Last edited by karl heinz marschner on Fri 24 Mar 2023, 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong spelling)
karl heinz marschner
karl heinz marschner

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2021-04-13

Back to top Go down

Hello from Germany  Empty Re: Hello from Germany

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down