Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FFoss Y Fran Coal

2 posters

Go down

FFoss Y Fran Coal Empty FFoss Y Fran Coal

Post  T140 Wed 09 Mar 2022, 6:24 am

Hi,

Apparently three weeks ago Ffoss y Fran coal mine in South Wales ceased producing lump coal for heritage railways, they were to cease production anyway during 2022, but this move was due to the wash plant breaking down.

So if you know of a source of this coal then purchase it right now as the alternative was Russian coal, which is now of course not going to be imported for a long while if ever at all.

There are alternatives of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VraSUVfGyq8 if this link works it will take you to the most recent Talyllyn News Video on YouTube which goes into more detail.

Best wishes and keep steaming.

Richard

T140

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2014-05-10

Mutleybob likes this post

Back to top Go down

FFoss Y Fran Coal Empty Re: FFoss Y Fran Coal

Post  LiveSteam Wed 09 Mar 2022, 9:52 pm

T140 wrote:

So if you know of a source of this coal then purchase it right now....................

If you can afford it, glad I grabbed a ton last year before the prices went silly, to add to my 1/2 ton I already had Very Happy and my ton and bit of Ovals, think I'm all right jack for next few years.

It will be interesting to see what happens at the rallies, what coal will it be and will we even get coal Neutral

LiveSteam

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2013-09-08

Back to top Go down