Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Craftmaster Lining paint

4 posters

Go down

Craftmaster Lining paint Empty Craftmaster Lining paint

Post  milford59 Thu 19 Nov 2020, 1:48 pm

I have been putting off the lining of my painted parts  !!  I have a Beugler striping tool, which I was hoping to use for the wheel spokes, but to start off I thought I would have a go at the front axle, with a brush and vinyl masking tape  how hard can it be.....??!!     I opened my yellow striping paint and it was completely separated - no problem, I thought..... I stirred it really well, but it seemed very thin and when I painted it on, I eventually needed 4 coats before the plum colour underneath was covered.

There is no way this paint will work in the Beugler, is there ?  From looking at a few videos, it seems you get ONE shot at it..... and reading one of Lynn threads it seems that is the name of the paint to use ?   The Craftmaster Paint is very dissapointing - has anyone else had any similar experience ?

milford59

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2019-05-19

Back to top Go down

Craftmaster Lining paint Empty Re: Craftmaster Lining paint

Post  Mark the spark Thu 19 Nov 2020, 5:19 pm

I use "oneshot" in my lining pen and it works great . Its all down to practice lots of practice before you go near your model and once you start a line DONT stop or hesitate

Mark the spark

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2015-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post  andyfletch Thu 19 Nov 2020, 7:24 pm

I have only used Craftmaster paints on my DCC. The lining enamel has worked well in my Beugler lining pen and with the "Pinstripe" lining tape. Actually the paint works better when its colder in the pen - as it is thicker when cold -
examples attached
Craftmaster Lining paint Img_3317
Craftmaster Lining paint Img_5112
andyfletch
andyfletch

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  andyfletch Thu 19 Nov 2020, 7:27 pm

As Mark says take plenty of time and practise a lot. The good thing is with the Beugler, if you don't like the line, wipe it off with white spirit and try again until you get it right. Just be mindful that the wheel on the pen will mark the base layer of paint with faint ridges. It has gone wrong so badly sometimes i decided to repaint the whole lot!!
andyfletch
andyfletch

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  lynnr Mon 23 Nov 2020, 12:00 pm

Hi

I also suggest practicing on a sheet of glass or mirror. Easy to wipe off and requires more control as a slippery surface. So once you get it going on the glass, on paintwork will be easy.

lynnr
lynnr

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2010-08-06

milford59 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down