Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Craftmaster heat resistant paint......

4 posters

Go down

Craftmaster heat resistant paint...... Empty Craftmaster heat resistant paint......

Post  NorfolkModelSteam Wed 16 Aug 2017, 4:59 pm

I'm hoping for some advice. I'm looking at using Craftmaster Smokebox black on the bottom portion of the horn plates and then on the smokebox, chimney and saddle of the roller, does anyone have any experience of this paint? I also don't know wether to order satin or gloss! Main colour of the roller will be crimson lake and the chap at Craftmaster told me satin is his preference but they sell in equal quantities! Any advice would be much appreciated.

NorfolkModelSteam

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2015-10-15

Back to top Go down

Craftmaster heat resistant paint...... Empty Re: Craftmaster heat resistant paint......

Post  Simon C Wed 16 Aug 2017, 5:16 pm

NorfolkModelSteam wrote:I'm hoping for some advice.  I'm looking at using Craftmaster Smokebox black on the bottom portion of the horn plates and then on the smokebox, chimney and saddle of the roller, does anyone have any experience of this paint?  I also don't know wether to order satin or gloss!  Main colour of the roller will be crimson lake and the chap at Craftmaster told me satin is his preference but they sell in equal quantities!  Any advice would be much appreciated.

I have used CALFIRE stove bright stove paint satin black on the showman's its resistant to 650C. www.calfire.com it comes mail order from a company in Chirk and comes as brush on or spray. The horn plates are not in contact with the boiler so i believe heat resistant paint is not required in this area the slight air gap between the water box and horn plate will give greater protection also. Calfire paint comes in several all be it limited colours, but one of these may suit better than Black.
Simon
Simon C
Simon C

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2017-07-07

Back to top Go down

Craftmaster heat resistant paint...... Empty Re: Craftmaster heat resistant paint......

Post  LiveSteam Wed 16 Aug 2017, 6:54 pm

Personally on my Agri its satin high temp on the smoke box and chimney as I feel it looks nicer, as Simon says the horn plates dont appear to need high temp paint, mine dont appear to be and are fine.

LiveSteam

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2013-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post  ejparrott Mon 21 Aug 2017, 10:33 pm

Personally I tend to favour Satin to full gloss on models
ejparrott
ejparrott

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2012-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down