Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Potential new builder

4 posters

Go down

Potential new builder  Empty Potential new builder

Post  Steve shed Tue 06 Oct 2020, 9:50 pm

Hi guys I’m a potential new builder wanted a engine for a long time now and think a Foden will suit best I’m a welder fabricater by apprentaship but am a team leader of a a engineering department iv heard varying story’s regarding these kits ?

What do I need to be. Looking for

Thanks in advance steve

Steve shed

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2020-10-06

Back to top Go down

Potential new builder  Empty Re: Potential new builder

Post  lynnr Tue 06 Oct 2020, 11:03 pm

Hi

The production run is well matured. So everything should go well. Just make sure you understand the instructions.
Backup is also excellent on here and direct from Steam Traction World.
lynnr
lynnr

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve shed Wed 07 Oct 2020, 7:46 pm

Thanks lynn

Steve shed

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2020-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Will@STW Mon 12 Oct 2020, 12:31 pm

Hi Steve

As Lynn says we have made an lot of 6" Fodens in the past (I believe 60 so far, and counting) and having driven one for Dean, they are brilliant engines. But even though we have made so many I would still say there wont be no problems whatsoever. Every build has some sort of problem, whether it be something minor that the builder can solve themselves or something major that requires our assistance or the assistance of the brilliant members of this forum. If you ever do come against any problem please don't hesitate to contact us at the factory and between me and Ian we will do what ever we can to help.

Many thanks

Will@STW
Will@STW
Will@STW

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2019-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post  davidwatts Tue 13 Oct 2020, 8:29 pm

Hi Steve,
My son and I are building the 6" SWB Foden. We have built two thirds of the engine and only 1 kit to come. I am not an engineer but I have been with steam engines since I was a young lad. We are putting the motion together at the moment. The instruction sheets that come with each kit are very good and simple to follow. So far the Foden has gone together very well, there has been 2 minor problems. I returned the parts to STW and within a few days they were returned and I re fitted them. I am hoping we will have it in steam later the year, can't wait, it is such a superb engine. We have built the DCC road loco, which is with a friend of mine. David.

davidwatts

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2019-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down