Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 inch burrell walkboard and toolbox

2 posters

Go down

2 inch burrell walkboard and toolbox Empty 2 inch burrell walkboard and toolbox

Post  miller Tue 08 Sep 2009, 9:25 pm

I've been working on the 2 inch walkboard and tool box for the last few days, this bit....

2 inch burrell walkboard and toolbox Walkboard006-1

and as you have probably guessed, its made of wood. i think it's ash.

actually it makes a pleasant change to be working with a different material and yes, we do machine wood on the CNCs Cool

2 inch burrell walkboard and toolbox Walkboard002-1

the whole sub-assembly is quite a little jig-saw puzzle, with a good few bits making up the box...

2 inch burrell walkboard and toolbox Walkboard007-1

heres the front/door section on the machine. the wood is cut to size and the 2mm slot is milled in the left hand vice, and then the cut outs for the hinges are cut in the right hand vice....

2 inch burrell walkboard and toolbox Walkboard004-1

oh, and those hinges are really small, so for those of you that are finding the governor fiddly.... sorry Rolling Eyes

2 inch burrell walkboard and toolbox Walkboard011-1

heres the walkboard in place on the control model...

2 inch burrell walkboard and toolbox Walkboard014-1

just got a few more bits to finish and then it's time to put it all together. mmm, must ask Steve how he plans to do this Wink

PS: yes, i have worn the end of my thumb off after spending two day sanding down all the bits Sad

more pics soon

Craig What a Face
miller
miller

Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Back to top Go down

2 inch burrell walkboard and toolbox Empty Re: 2 inch burrell walkboard and toolbox

Post  hughb Wed 09 Sep 2009, 9:27 pm

Hi HO YES
Looks good and the wood looks Shocked like ash to me. As for sanding I do love it Very Happy Cool .
hughb
hughb

Number of posts : 575
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down