Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Click here for the **Best** Sealant for tanks and belly tanks

3 posters

Go down

Click here for the **Best** Sealant for tanks and belly tanks Empty Click here for the **Best** Sealant for tanks and belly tanks

Post  BurrellSimplicity Fri 14 Feb 2020, 12:46 pm

Just putting this here.

CROMAPOL is a roof sealant that is resin based and contains fibers. it's the best sealant to use on your tanks. isoflex / por15 are inferior and will fail over time..

I've used this on my current engine after failure of isoflex. I had not problems for 8 years! no rust

Click here for the **Best** Sealant for tanks and belly tanks Cromap10
Click here for the **Best** Sealant for tanks and belly tanks 69571b11

It's available from Ebay for around £25 pounds for 5GK and smaller tins.. if you use white then you can see how many coats you will need.

I hope this helps..

BurrellSimplicity

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2019-04-29

Back to top Go down

Click here for the **Best** Sealant for tanks and belly tanks Empty Re: Click here for the **Best** Sealant for tanks and belly tanks

Post  milford59 Mon 06 Jul 2020, 9:11 pm

OK - I am taking your word .. and I have ordered some.... it certainly looks to have a good specification... thanks for the tip.

milford59

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2019-05-19

Back to top Go down

Click here for the **Best** Sealant for tanks and belly tanks Empty Re: Click here for the **Best** Sealant for tanks and belly tanks

Post  Nigncoz Thu 09 Jul 2020, 5:21 pm

I have purchased some from ebay. Is it okay to use on the primer or is it only for bare metal?
Cheers Nigel

Nigncoz

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2020-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post  milford59 Fri 17 Jul 2020, 7:09 pm

I don’t know the answer to that - sorry - I haven’t primed inside my tender so I will be adding it onto bare metal..... maybe BurrellSimplicity will be along soon with further info....

milford59

Back to top Go down

Post  BurrellSimplicity Mon 15 Mar 2021, 12:07 pm

Hi i'm sorry for the late reply i haven't been on here that much recently.

yes apply to bare metal only as it sticks like you know what to a blanket and if your putting it over primer then you only have the adhesion of the primer to stick it.

it's great stuff, you have to keep coating it and it does stink and takes a while to dry fully but you will get a great results from it for your water tanks. i hope this helps and sorry for the late reply!

the ones that have bought it and tried it how did you get on with it?

BurrellSimplicity

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2019-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post  milford59 Wed 17 Mar 2021, 5:07 pm

I think it’s great... it’s quite thick - about the consistency of whipped cream - and with all the fibres that are in it, I think it will fill the gaps and seams very well.

milford59

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down