Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1909 Stanley Model R - 20 HP - Coffin Nose

5 posters

Go down

1909 Stanley Model R - 20 HP -  Coffin Nose Empty 1909 Stanley Model R - 20 HP - Coffin Nose

Post  Steam Traction World Thu 20 Aug 2009, 12:02 pm

Just an appetite wetter really.

Now that our journey on the Likamobile has been completed, we are considering either releasing a new batch in January or trying something slightly different. We have the opportunity to produce a car based on a Stanley Model R from 1909. We are fortunate to have been offered some assistance from a gentleman who has already made one. This means it would make life a whole lot easier for us and hopefully ensure we get our attention to detail accurate.

Is this something you guys or any one you know would be interested in?

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated and who knows would could try coast to coast in the USA in this one Very Happy

Dean

Steam Traction World
Admin

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

1909 Stanley Model R - 20 HP -  Coffin Nose Empty Re: 1909 Stanley Model R - 20 HP - Coffin Nose

Post  AlexinSuffolk Thu 20 Aug 2009, 4:20 pm

Hi Dean

Sounds like a plan, any idea of how many kits, idea of cost as I didn't decide on the Modelworks lika in time, so this one has definately got my attention. Laughing

Regards
Alex

AlexinSuffolk

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-04-06

Back to top Go down

1909 Stanley Model R - 20 HP -  Coffin Nose Empty Stanley R Type

Post  augustrock Thu 20 Aug 2009, 6:35 pm

Dean,

Wow! Have just looked up the Stanley R Type 20 hp. A four seater full size? What a project!

Whets the appetite no end but I could run out of years before I completed it.

Please keep me posted.

Augustrock.

augustrock

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Back to top Go down

1909 Stanley Model R - 20 HP -  Coffin Nose Empty Re: 1909 Stanley Model R - 20 HP - Coffin Nose

Post  hharrop Thu 20 Aug 2009, 8:08 pm

Great project, go for it, although I don't think I will have the time left to complete one.
Great achievement in the Lika, well done guys

hharrop

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Steam Traction World Fri 21 Aug 2009, 8:12 am

At the minute it is just a thought that Steve and I would very much like to make a reality.

We are going to see one next week to see whether it is viable and until then really do not have a clue about price etc (it will not be cheap though but considering, if you could find one, what it would cost to buy, then they will be good value)

Don't worry about not having enough time left to have one, as we are considering a few different options including manufacturing over a much shorter period than normal or supplying finished.........early days yet so don't get to excited but you can get saving Very Happy

Dean

1909 Stanley Model R - 20 HP -  Coffin Nose Model_10

Steam Traction World
Admin

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

1909 Stanley Model R - 20 HP -  Coffin Nose Empty Larger Stanley Project Would be Fun

Post  tombdog Wed 26 Aug 2009, 11:06 pm

Offering a larger Stanley as a kit would be fun (Larger than the Likamobile, that is). I would suggest the ten HP Stanley, as they are not quite a big, and would be more manageable as a kit build. The ten HP Stanley has plenty of power, and would perform almost as well as the 20 HP. It is also smaller all around, so the parts would be easier, and cheaper to ship to far off places, like where I am at. I will follow this with interest. (I am still building my Likamobile, and having a lot of fun.)
Thanks, Doug.

tombdog

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down