Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Future of STW

4 posters

Go down

Future of STW Empty Future of STW

Post  Steve Traill Sun 28 Oct 2018, 8:51 pm

At Dorset this year I heard that the business had been sold, is this so? If so are the new owners going to introduce themselves and let everyone know their plans/hopes & dreams?
Steve Traill
Steve Traill

Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Future of STW Empty Re: Future of STW

Post  Steam Traction World Mon 29 Oct 2018, 10:38 am

Hi Steve,

No this is inaccurate. Don't listen to the rumour mill mate. Not the case and as it stands at the minute, with Steve ill, should he decide he would prefer to sell sooner rather than later, i'm more than likely purchase his share and just continue running the business alone as i've been anyway for the last 12 months. Currently this is not in the forefront of our thoughts and it's business as normal.

Best wishes.

Dean

Steam Traction World
Admin

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon C Mon 29 Oct 2018, 6:18 pm

Steve Traill wrote:At Dorset this year I heard that the business had been sold, is this so?  If so are the new owners going to introduce themselves and let everyone know their plans/hopes & dreams?
I think that Steve gave a few people nightmares with this one including me, I suddenly had the vision that I now own a half finished roller shaped paperweight.
Thanks very much Dean for putting my and I am sure others minds at rest.
Best wishes to you and the rest of your team and hears to a long future for a great company.
Simon C
Simon C

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2017-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post  sonick45 Mon 29 Oct 2018, 8:21 pm

To be fair to all. The sale of STW isn't a secret. Its publicised on here by Dean and Steve and in this very forum. They have been very open to their present and past customers as to why and when and how.

The advert did say 'sale agreed' for a while but that has now changed.

Dean and Steve both said to me they are not in any rush and if things aren't right they wont sell. This seems to be the case so I think we can all relax in the knowledge that the current Directors have us (the customers) in thought when making these decisions.

When it does eventually sell. There is a new boss who might want to grow things further and inject more cash into areas of the business. Surely thats a win for the customers.

No need for nightmares.

sonick45

Number of posts : 511
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve Traill Mon 29 Oct 2018, 11:40 pm

Hi Dean
That's a comfort to a lot of people to know there is a steady hand on the STW tiller, anyway you're still much too young for the pipe & slippers!
Steve Traill
Steve Traill

Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down