Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front king pins

2 posters

Go down

Front king pins Empty Front king pins

Post  futura9838 Thu 29 Jun 2017, 5:10 pm

The steering pin is longer than the jaws of the steering yokes when the washer is up to the bottom yoke the dome but will not fasten down the pin is too long are any others the same any advice

futura9838

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2016-08-31

Back to top Go down

Front king pins Empty Front King Pins

Post  Goliewogs Thu 29 Jun 2017, 5:37 pm

Hi, This is correct!! The king pin itself is slightly too long so that the Dome nut, once tightened, does not tighten down onto the top jaw. This is to allow the king pin to swivel in the jaws with the stub axle assembly, as a whole, once the grub screw (at the top, on the side, of the stub Axle assembly) is tightened onto the kingpin. I hope this description makes sense to you. If you just assemble it, tighten it all up as the instructions from STW, and then examine what you have done, it will all make sense I'm sure!
Regards

Greg

Goliewogs

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2016-03-28

Back to top Go down

Front king pins Empty Re: Front king pins

Post  futura9838 Thu 29 Jun 2017, 5:52 pm

Thanks for that Greg I just needed another opinion I've got it all together it's all played looks good but I was not sure if that was right I had to file the jaw a little and it all fits now thanks

futura9838

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2016-08-31

Back to top Go down

Front king pins Empty Your King Pins Again!

Post  Goliewogs Thu 29 Jun 2017, 6:12 pm

Excellent!! I'm glad that my reply was of some help to you and that you have managed to get it all together. I think some filing/fitting between the jaws is normal and necessary, I did a little to remove some paint and a little metal myself. Take care.
Kind regards
Greg

Goliewogs

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2016-03-28

Back to top Go down

Front king pins Empty Re: Front king pins

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down