Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sealing Tender

5 posters

Go down

Sealing  Tender Empty Sealing Tender

Post  Steve H Wed 29 Mar 2017, 10:05 am

Morning People,I recently visited the Home Building and Renovation show at the NEC ,and saw a couple of product that caught my attention.
The product is a compound that has been developed for replacement to the products currently used to seal roof membranes.
The 2 products that i saw demonstrated were CT1 and WT1,there are some good videos of the products uses on there web site www.ct1ltd.com
I spoke to the MD and explained what I wanted to use it for,and he assured me that,the product would be extremely capable of proving a waterproof seal with no degrading,he told me that he was previously in the Automotive product sales business,and would certainly recommend this over all forms of Petrol Tank sealants.
The CT1 product seems to retail about £10 a tube and the WT1 is a new product just being rolled out
I previously used Isoflex on my 2",but am considering this for the 4" Roller that I am just about to start.

Any thoughts anybody?

Steve H Very Happy
Steve H
Steve H

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2014-03-07

Back to top Go down

Sealing  Tender Empty Re: Sealing Tender

Post  Mark the spark Wed 29 Mar 2017, 3:03 pm

I used CT1 it was to bond lead strips to a lead roof and it was useless
did not do what it said on the tube
mark

Mark the spark

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2015-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike King Wed 29 Mar 2017, 3:21 pm

Personally, I would stick with Isoflex. Better the devil you know as they say. Anyway, what could be worse than using the other material, only at some stsge a major stripdown is required to rectify it. Only my opinion, for what its worth.
Mike

Mike King

Number of posts : 318
Registration date : 2014-09-04

http://www.mikekingphotography.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Robfishman Wed 29 Mar 2017, 9:01 pm

We use CT1 at work and it's great stuff. Sorry it gave you a problem Mark.
Robfishman
Robfishman

Number of posts : 1061
Registration date : 2010-11-26

http://www.robertfish.net

Back to top Go down

Post  LiveSteam Thu 30 Mar 2017, 10:24 pm

Do we know what its stick ability (if thats a word) to rusty steel is like ?

My tender tank needs re-doing as it was originally done with "something" which has peeled off Rolling Eyes  its a job I keep wondering about but until find something thats worth trying I've left it as is, steels thick enough I feel to cope with a fair few years worth of abuse, but would prefer to find something that will tank it up with eventually, just dont want to have to do the job twice if I can help it, the last stuff the previous owner used doesnt appear to lasted more than a season Rolling Eyes

LiveSteam

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2013-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve H Fri 31 Mar 2017, 1:03 pm

LiveSteam wrote:Do we know what its stick ability (if thats a word) to rusty steel is like ?

Well I would say,BUT DON'T QUOTE ME, if it sticks to flat roofs,concrete,it should be OK on steel,but I am sure the manufactures would say the surface should be clean and flake free.
Might be worth emailing them and asking the question,I will degrease my surfaces thoroughly before applying anything.

Rob,what are your thoughts on using the product on my roller?

Steve H Very Happy
Steve H
Steve H

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2014-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down