Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone want to build a 2" road loco?

3 posters

Go down

Anyone want to build a 2" road loco? Empty Anyone want to build a 2" road loco?

Post  chas12154 Mon 16 Jan 2017, 8:48 am

Hi all, I am soon coming to the end of my 2" Burrell build. I have wanted to build a 4" road loco next, but I haven't the space to build one.

Is there anyone in the same position as me? I have been looking at the STW website, there is a 2" road loco on there. If we can get enough interest from others STW might bring it back into production.

I hope there is a few of you out there that, like me, want to build another engine, but haven't the space to build a 4" one.

Get back to me if anyone is interested and we can get in touch with Dean and find out if it could be possible to get the 2" road loco out of moth balls.

Charlie

chas12154

Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2015-01-21

Back to top Go down

Anyone want to build a 2" road loco? Empty Re: Anyone want to build a 2" road loco?

Post  PaulC Fri 31 Mar 2017, 10:05 am

Would love a 4" Road Burrell but cant justify the money yet but want to get my hands back on engineering having left the workshop days behind to work on the CAD machines.

Are there any photos/owners around of the 2" road loco?

How many did they original produce?

I may be interested but not sure 2 of us would be enough for them to start production back up.

PaulC

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2016-10-25

Back to top Go down

Anyone want to build a 2" road loco? Empty Re: Anyone want to build a 2" road loco?

Post  TimV Fri 31 Mar 2017, 10:17 am

Unfortunantley no 2" Road locos were ever produced.

Cheers Tim
TimV
TimV

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2014-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  chas12154 Fri 31 Mar 2017, 11:16 am

Hi, I have since emailed STW, and was told there is no plans to produce a 2" Road Loco at present.
They also said that it never went into production in the first place, they never had enough interest in it.
Like you PaulC, can't afford a 4" or have the space to build one.

Charlie

chas12154

Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2015-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down