Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last minute Christmas shopping - Burrell road train for sale

2 posters

Go down

Last minute Christmas shopping - Burrell road train for sale Empty Last minute Christmas shopping - Burrell road train for sale

Post  bjwlancashire Mon 22 Dec 2014, 10:38 am

The time has finally come to sell Blackbeard and his road train, we are soon to be owning our first full size engine.

Blackbeard is a 4" Burrell Road loco built from the Steam Traction World kits by an engineer. The engine runs superbly and can be seen running on a number of videos posted online, some links to these are below. The two traction wagons are also Steam Traction World kits and the bowser is a Station Road Steam produced one that holds 10 gallons.

The engine has been completed since May 2013 and has most recently completed the NTET anniversary road run, the middle length run that was around 29 mile with the detour on the day so I am led to believe. This is and engine that is ready for anything and has two trailer to take family and friends as we have done since its completion.

You will note that Blackbeard is fitted with a 9" Lunkenhiemer 3 chime whistle that is unique and very loud on an engine of this size. Also, a 6" scale steam siren. This is very good for roadwork as you need to be heard.

I also have a 10 x 6 Ifor Willimas box trailer with ramp door should the prospective buyer require a trailer, I am willing to sell this with the set so you are fully ready for the rally season.

PM me for more details.

The engine will be in steam on Boxing Day so if anyone wants to see it running that would be a goods time to visit Lancashire.

Build thread on her.

https://traction.forumotion.com/t743-road-loco-blackbeard

Last minute Christmas shopping - Burrell road train for sale Dsc_0013

Last minute Christmas shopping - Burrell road train for sale 10676410

Last minute Christmas shopping - Burrell road train for sale 20140911
bjwlancashire
bjwlancashire

Number of posts : 938
Registration date : 2010-09-07

Back to top Go down

Last minute Christmas shopping - Burrell road train for sale Empty Re: Last minute Christmas shopping - Burrell road train for sale

Post  MrStationHouse Mon 22 Dec 2014, 5:21 pm

A full size engine, sounds exciting. What sort are you looking at?

With best wishes
Simon

MrStationHouse

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Last minute Christmas shopping - Burrell road train for sale Empty Re: Last minute Christmas shopping - Burrell road train for sale

Post  bjwlancashire Mon 22 Dec 2014, 6:36 pm

Marshall S Type, agreed in principle. Only when transaction is completed will I disclose which one though.
bjwlancashire
bjwlancashire

Back to top Go down

Post  bjwlancashire Fri 16 Jan 2015, 3:11 pm

SOLD!!!!! To a new owner in Bedfordshire.

Crying or Very sad

Mixed feelings about this as we are about to purchase our first full size engine but Blackbeard was my first miniature engine and a superb engine it has been, credit to STW for giving me the parts to build such a good performer. Highlights have to be our Steam birthday last year when we had 6 DCC engines together, the NTET road run last September and the friends I have made through the forum while building the engine.
bjwlancashire
bjwlancashire

Back to top Go down

Post  bjwlancashire Mon 19 Jan 2015, 5:07 pm

Blackbeard is now at his new home awaiting his next day out, the end of an era for us as a family and some tears from the ladies in the house.
bjwlancashire
bjwlancashire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down