Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reversing lever

3 posters

Go down

Reversing lever Empty Reversing lever

Post  busman Mon 24 Mar 2014, 10:21 pm

Has anybody fitted the reversing lever from the latest kit as have assembled and filed to diagram but the travel of the trigger only seems to be about 3mm and I do not think this enough before I start filing the quadrant. Please could anyone show photos if they have managed to have successfully fitted this yet?

busman

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2011-08-02

Back to top Go down

Reversing lever Empty Reversing Lever

Post  Steve A Tue 01 Apr 2014, 9:41 pm

Hi Busman           Mine is the same!!    I milled the slots in the quadrant as per the instructions and everything works fine. I must agree with you that the lever trigger dose not look quite right, but it all works and looks ok when finished.    Good Luck.   Steve A    affraid

Steve A

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Reversing lever Empty Re: Reversing lever

Post  bjwlancashire Wed 02 Apr 2014, 10:05 am

Guys

I wouldn't file the quadrant until you have built all the valve-gear and even steamed the engine, particularly full forward and reverse position, to far forward or backward and the valve-gear will be strained. There is a point in the valve gear position once you pass it that it is trying to pull the reverser out of the quadrant slot - see the comments in my build thread from Highpressure on the page linked below.

https://traction.forumotion.com/t743p165-road-loco-blackbeard

Cheers

Brian
bjwlancashire
bjwlancashire

Number of posts : 938
Registration date : 2010-09-07

Back to top Go down

Reversing lever Empty Re: Reversing lever

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down