Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reversing lever quadrant

3 posters

Go down

Reversing lever quadrant Empty Reversing lever quadrant

Post  Lufccrowther Wed 18 Sep 2019, 8:16 pm

Hi there
I'm having a problem with the bolts holding the quadrants for the reversing lever on. One of the bolts seem to be too short even after a call to stw and a new bolt arriving it is still to short. You may see in the photo what I'm talking about. The front bolt has to go through the hornplate and the gear guard but the rear bolt only has to go through the gear guard, is this the case of the problem??Reversing lever quadrant Img_2013

Lufccrowther

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2017-09-20

Back to top Go down

Reversing lever quadrant Empty Re: Reversing lever quadrant

Post  Simon C Wed 18 Sep 2019, 9:22 pm

[quote="Lufccrowther"]Hi there
I'm having a problem with the bolts holding the quadrants for the reversing lever on. One of the bolts seem to be too short even after a call to stw and a new bolt arriving it is still to short. You may see in the photo what I'm talking about. The front bolt has to go through the hornplate and the gear guard but the rear bolt only has to go through the gear guard, is this the case of the problem??[url=https://servimg.com/view/19994796/11]

OK for a start you seem to have put the spacers on inside out, that is to say the thinner spacer goes between the 2 quadrants and the thicker ones space the quadrants off the gear guard.

If I remember correctly the bolts holding the quadrants should be the other way around and screwed into the gear guard.
its all a bit fiddly to assemble but manageable.

Simon C
Simon C
Simon C

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2017-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Lufccrowther Wed 18 Sep 2019, 10:19 pm

That brilliant I've must of had a blonde moment 😂 thank you for your help. However ive been supplied M5 bolts but the holes are M6 so I've got to overcome that at somepoint

Lufccrowther

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2017-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post  milford59 Fri 17 Jun 2022, 10:56 am

Just replying to this for future builders to see.

The instructions apologise for drilling and threading the holes M6 by mistake, and say that the M5 bolts need to be inserted, but as you say the front one is too short, as I have just discovered. A new bolt , 5mm longer, will be required.

milford59

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2019-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down