Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4" showmans roof

3 posters

Go down

4" showmans roof Empty 4" showmans roof

Post  lynnr Wed 10 Apr 2013, 1:21 pm

Hi STW

Is it Ok to install the roof planks down to the last 1 plank on each side since we do not yet have the wire?
Leaving off the last plank to allow access to install the cabling and wire up the lamps when they arrive.
lynnr
lynnr

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

4" showmans roof Empty Re: 4" showmans roof

Post  Tony King Wed 10 Apr 2013, 2:22 pm

I was going to ask the same question, but then decided "no" as you will loose easy access to the bulbs at the ends of the canopy!
I have fitted & glued the center plank & offered up the next one to the left & cut the holes in for the safety valve pipes.
I guess the next question is to STW ....... When can we expect the wire & lights?
Regards,
Tony

Tony King

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Steam Traction World Thu 11 Apr 2013, 9:41 am

Hi Guys

You could consider putting two or three of the roof planks on but any more than that will restrict easy access to the bulb holder fitment and wiring. I think it would be best to wait.

The bulbs and holders should have been delivered to us last week. We're still waiting for them. They should turn up anytime now. Everything else is here apart from the wire (next day delivery) and some thick wall tube (due Tuesday) for the lower ring on the chimney extension.

Regards

Steve

Steam Traction World
Admin

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Steam Traction World Fri 12 Apr 2013, 1:00 pm

The latest information we have is that the bulbs and holders should be delivered to us by 6pm on Tuesday 16th. We'll see! If they do arrive okay then we should be able to despatch them plus the other bits ready for the weekend.

Regards

Steve

Steam Traction World
Admin

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down