Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Notice from LynnR up North

2 posters

Go down

Notice from LynnR up North Empty Notice from LynnR up North

Post  lynnr Thu 19 Jul 2012, 10:05 am

Hi All

I will not be around for a few days as I have just lost one of my dogs.

lynnr
lynnr

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

Notice from LynnR up North Empty Re: Notice from LynnR up North

Post  bjwlancashire Fri 20 Jul 2012, 1:00 am

So sorry to hear that, I hope it did not suffer and it's passing was quick. Was it due to age or illness?
bjwlancashire
bjwlancashire

Number of posts : 938
Registration date : 2010-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post  lynnr Fri 20 Jul 2012, 8:00 am

Mara was starting to suffer from arthritis a few months ago. The Metacam "dog" pain killer was not helping so the hard decision had to me made. I took him to the vets yesterday morning and held him while he went to sleep and out of pain for ever.
lynnr
lynnr

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post  bjwlancashire Fri 20 Jul 2012, 6:02 pm

My wife ended up taking our previous dog to be put to sleep at 17 years old, she was in bits.

I just dread anyhting happening to our two now, my daughter was to young last time but now the older dog is hers and I cannot imagine what will happen when the time comes.

Anyhow, enough of the sadness, let me try to make you smile with a couple of pictures of our two, hopefully we get to see you at one of the shows and you can meet them.

Maybe we should do a doggie post for all those forum members that have them, I know Sonic's two, they are huge!!

Jessie (mum on left) and Rosie waiting for Danielle at Dorset in 2010. Danielle was in the playpen on one of the visiting New Zealand MaClarens at the time. The trailer is connected to my wife's mobility scooter to carry stuff, steam apprentices, dogs and once even me!!

Notice from LynnR up North Our_do10

My favourite picture of Danielle and the dogs heading up to Dove Crag in the Lake district on New Years Eave in 2009

Notice from LynnR up North 31122010

Two days later about to head out across Striding Edge toward the summit of Helvellyn for the first time ever. Rosie was only 6 months old then too - she fell asleep in under the bar in the pub in Glenridding afterwards and had to be carried to the car still asleep Laughing

Notice from LynnR up North 02012010

bjwlancashire
bjwlancashire

Number of posts : 938
Registration date : 2010-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down