Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what colour to paint burrell 4" scenic showmans

5 posters

Go down

what colour to paint burrell 4" scenic showmans Empty what colour to paint burrell 4" scenic showmans

Post  4"Foster Mon 02 Jul 2012, 6:25 pm

hi guys

just wondering if anyone has any ideas on what colours to paint a burrell scenic showmans and what coloured to get in lined
4"Foster

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-07-02

Back to top Go down

what colour to paint burrell 4" scenic showmans Empty Re: what colour to paint burrell 4" scenic showmans

Post  lynnr Mon 02 Jul 2012, 9:08 pm

It's your engine. What colours do YOU like? Have a look in the photo threads at others already going

Last edited by lynnr on Mon 02 Jul 2012, 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
lynnr
lynnr

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

what colour to paint burrell 4" scenic showmans Empty Re: what colour to paint burrell 4" scenic showmans

Post  Robfishman Mon 02 Jul 2012, 11:04 pm

Also worth looking at some full size and see what you like and go from there.
Robfishman
Robfishman

Number of posts : 1061
Registration date : 2010-11-26

http://www.robertfish.net

Back to top Go down

Post  highpressure Tue 03 Jul 2012, 6:04 pm

As has been said it's your engine so you have to choose something you like, however you cant go wrong with the standard Burrell Plum and it always looks great especially with traditional lining but it is common just as a lot of Fosters are green. If you wanted to be noticed and get people talking and your picture in publications then I would seriously consider copying someone who has a different colour scheme in real life, "Philadelphia" springs to mind, brown with cream wheels if I remember right and if your really brave, and I would seriously consider this myself "Wait and See" in yellow!!! Exclamation You would almost certainly be the only one.... I will look forward to seeing it. And when your at a do with your folks come and look me out I will happily say "hello" I have the miniature "President" copy called "His Majesty"
highpressure
highpressure

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.simplydigitalaerials.com

Back to top Go down

what colour to paint burrell 4" scenic showmans Empty Colour schemes

Post  martinj Tue 03 Jul 2012, 7:53 pm

A good resource here.

steam scenes

martinj

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2010-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  4"Foster Wed 04 Jul 2012, 3:51 pm

thanks for all the replies look foward to seeing your engines at rallies soon!
4"Foster

Back to top Go down

Post  4"Foster Wed 04 Jul 2012, 4:01 pm

after alot of chice i think im going to go with this one Burrell No 3482 Perserverence ll

4"Foster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down