Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Letting off smoke

2 posters

Go down

Letting off smoke Empty Letting off smoke

Post  mikero Fri 02 Dec 2011, 11:32 pm

Ah the perils of 'fettlin' engines. Angle grinding some high spots on the boiler ring to fit the smoke box, (Note to Craig, when you rebate the boiler ring face it off at 20mm to suit the smoke box) anyway the garage suddenly got a bit dark and I found smoke pouring out from under the bench behind me. A spark had somehow got under the lid of a plastic crate and found my supply of wire-wool and some old drawings and was smouldering nicely. Easily put out, but a bit of a worry. I will have to free up space in one of my tin cupboards.

Mike
mikero
mikero

Number of posts : 261
Registration date : 2011-07-19

Back to top Go down

Letting off smoke Empty Re: Letting off smoke

Post  Robfishman Sat 03 Dec 2011, 9:59 am

Sounds like a lucky escape!! The family round the corner from me lost their garage and garden fences the other weekend due to a suspected fault with the tumble dryer. For all of us its worth putting smoke alarms in the garage / workshop / shed . Glad it was not more serious for you though Mike

Letting off smoke 6368743455_0f23a347ce_z
Hampshire Fire & Rescue at work by Robert R&N, on Flickr
Their garage, and contents, were a total loss and was pulled down by the Fire Brigade before they left as it was unsafe.

Robfishman
Robfishman

Number of posts : 1061
Registration date : 2010-11-26

http://www.robertfish.net

Back to top Go down