Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas season or Holiday season (If you like those people over the other side of the pond)

5 posters

Go down

Christmas season or Holiday season (If you like those people over the other side of the pond) Empty Christmas season or Holiday season (If you like those people over the other side of the pond)

Post  lynnr Fri 25 Nov 2011, 9:54 am

Hi All

It is getting to that time of year when we need to come out of hibernation for a few days of fun and frolic. Sitting here in the office and the snow falling gently creating that clean fresh winter wonderland. Without compromising security what are your plans for the season coming?

My plans are bit limited on steam as the boiler has a few too many holes in it and I find it difficult to keep water in the boiler let alone raise steam, excluding putting a kettle in the smokebox. There is also very little steam in the area, make that 100miles radius, other than Strathspey Railway so hitching a ride on boxing day would be problematic. I am expecting kit 3a to come this next few days and thus I hope a kit just before STW shut down for Christmas to burn off some excess calories and keep me away from the moving wallpaper device (TV for those of you down south). santa
lynnr
lynnr

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

Christmas season or Holiday season (If you like those people over the other side of the pond) Empty Re: Christmas season or Holiday season (If you like those people over the other side of the pond)

Post  northburrell Fri 25 Nov 2011, 2:46 pm

xmas running day at my loco club and i'll be taking Lilla for a spin with my farther when they arive from sunny devon..

maybe head down the Bo'ness railway and see if there is anything going on.. maybe get to sit on santa's knee and ask him for a 4".....! o no wait a min that sounds kinda dodgy..... a showmans then.... santa rendeer rendeer rendeer rendeer

other than that more work on the 2" and some plates. Smile

northburrell

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Back to top Go down

Christmas season or Holiday season (If you like those people over the other side of the pond) Empty Re: Christmas season or Holiday season (If you like those people over the other side of the pond)

Post  highpressure Fri 25 Nov 2011, 4:21 pm

Hopefully get all the bits together to create an almost complete engine, my local engineering club has a Boxing Day steam up which I might poke a nose at and Preston Steam have a New Year Open Day which I might go to also. santa santa
highpressure
highpressure

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.simplydigitalaerials.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rickster Fri 25 Nov 2011, 5:34 pm

Highpressure,

If your going to the Preston Services open day, give me a shout. I'll be there - only 3 miles from me.

cheers

Rick

Rickster

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Robfishman Fri 25 Nov 2011, 7:30 pm

highpressure wrote:Hopefully get all the bits together to create an almost complete engine, my local engineering club has a Boxing Day steam up which I might poke a nose at and Preston Steam have a New Year Open Day which I might go to also. santa santa

Do you know if the planning dispute got resolved. Last I heard over 100t in the top field was destined for the scrap man. This included the beam engine from just up the road from me at Otterbourne.

Hope it's dryer weather at Perston this year.

Robfishman
Robfishman

Number of posts : 1061
Registration date : 2010-11-26

http://www.robertfish.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down