Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bowser Wowser!!!!

2 posters

Go down

Bowser Wowser!!!! Empty Bowser Wowser!!!!

Post  highpressure Sat 29 Oct 2011, 3:45 pm

Got the powder coated bowser back from this week and got it together during the evenings. Once again they have performed a superb job as can be seen by the gloss in the photos. The funny streaks in the rear shot are from the fact that I brushed all the wood dust (from the organ making) off the surface just before I shot it. Cant be seen in the flesh but the lens has picked it up. I took a chance and left the inside bare to start as The heat process wont go well with the sealant, I figured whatever I did I will need to seal it with tank sealer so got a reasonable coat on it before hand.

Just confirms my choice for me as it was only 40 quid including them cleaning the metal before assembly. Made good progress on the cleading too but have taken a change in direction here and keyed the finished surface before lining and they need to be laquered to get back the gloss so will post soon.

Bowser Wowser!!!! 100_6519

Bowser Wowser!!!! 100_6518

Bowser Wowser!!!! 100_6520

Bowser Wowser!!!! 100_6521

The stripe on the rims is where they have left a clean space to glue the tires on.
highpressure
highpressure

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.simplydigitalaerials.com

Back to top Go down

Bowser Wowser!!!! Empty Re: Bowser Wowser!!!!

Post  lynnr Sat 29 Oct 2011, 4:29 pm

Looking good.

Guess you are not using the seat then.
lynnr
lynnr

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post  highpressure Sat 29 Oct 2011, 5:24 pm

No seat, I intend to create a twin seat for myself and any other willing/press ganged participant. I recall from your picture, Lynn the seat fouled the bunker anyhow. Plus if I choose to put the bowser behind the trailer it would look odd with the seat sticking up.
highpressure
highpressure

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.simplydigitalaerials.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down