Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DCC Updates

4 posters

Go down

DCC Updates Empty DCC Updates

Post  Rickster Wed 09 Mar 2011, 3:53 pm

Hi Craig,

Just wondering if you have any updates to show us as it seems to have gone quiet on this front for a few weeks and I'm now starting to dribble!

cheers

Rick

Rickster

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

DCC Updates Empty Re: DCC Updates

Post  craig@STW Wed 09 Mar 2011, 5:51 pm

yeah sorry, got a camera full of pics but not a lot to show over the last week. we are waiting for material to turn up for the next kit (ash-pan and cladding). the fire door/boiler accessory kit is ready to go for those that are waiting and the next batch of boilers is nearly done, although im not sure when they will be tested.

spent most of the last two weeks making stock items (foden and burrell 4inch)

i'll try and get some pics up tonight Cool
craig@STW
craig@STW

Number of posts : 1410
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post  highpressure Wed 09 Mar 2011, 8:43 pm

When you say the door bits are due to go is that still pending or have they gone? I got the impression from Steve last week they were due to go on Monday.

Kev.
highpressure
highpressure

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.simplydigitalaerials.com

Back to top Go down

Post  craig@STW Wed 09 Mar 2011, 9:00 pm

i thought they had gone on monday to be honest but mike tells me he was delayed by a last minute rush to get a pallet load of kits out (he stayed back an extra 2 hours on monday to get this done). then he had a days holiday on tuesday and has been back on the job today.

not actually sure what the delay is now, they may have even gone this afternoon ??? i'll have to chase it first thing in the morning and will let you know.

the reality of it is, we had to do a little redesign on the fire doors due to lack of space behind the oil boxes. we have also made them removable for cleaning as apparently the tend to get clogged up over time
craig@STW
craig@STW

Back to top Go down

Post  highpressure Wed 09 Mar 2011, 9:58 pm

Well the mod is good news anyway, I was wondering about that as I have read threads relating to clogged up doors before.
highpressure
highpressure

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.simplydigitalaerials.com

Back to top Go down

DCC Updates Empty Fire doors

Post  Steve Traill Wed 09 Mar 2011, 10:58 pm

The fire doors on my 4" SC Burrell do get stiff every so often, the tracks are easy to clean and it took me a while to find out what the problem was. It turned out that the back of each door gets a build up of a hard biscuit coloured material which no amount of spraying gunge at will remove. Also when the doors are open it is trapped between the door & the boiler and when the door is shut you can't get to it!. The first time I stripped the doors down and cleaned it off with a stanley blade used as a scraper (very effective). The pain is taking the doors off so the next time they stiffened up I dropped the ashpan, rolled my sleeve up and with a stanley blade & the doors shut put my arm up and scraped the build up off. Worked a treat, took a few seconds only, I've just got to find a way of cleaning the black streaks from my arm as quickly!!
Steve Traill
Steve Traill

Number of posts : 800
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post  craig@STW Thu 10 Mar 2011, 8:13 am

the fire door/alignment tool kits will be going out today. Mike has had to make up 9 individual different kits due to people taking different parts when they collected the boilers.

craig@STW
craig@STW

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down