Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2" WAGON

4 posters

Go down

2" WAGON Empty 2" WAGON

Post  Big Al Sun 22 Aug 2010, 8:51 am

There does not apper to be a Topic dedicated to the wagon so I started one here

To update anyone who has one and has read about the problems with mine and the suspension I have the solution,

The problem was, with all the passenger weight over the front axle the suspension bottoms out and the tyres then lock up on the central wooden cross member. ( W20230) The solution is to fit this X member first then cut out a 1 1/2 bit of X member completely. It does not appear to form part of the strengthening structure as it is still secured across the 3 chassis runners and the end bit will be secured to the outer chassis runners thus still looking asthetically pleasing.

There is a potential for the wheels to then foul against the footrestsub frame if too sharp a turning circle is tried but I didn't find this a problem. More of a problem was the footrests, even though they were retracted to the fullest setting, wer e fouling against the rear wheels of the engine. This could be an issue, but if you cut of the top inner corners of the footrests, about 1" triangle, this cures the problems and with your foot on the rests, the rear wheels will hit them first and act as a guide not to turn any sharper so as not to cause the wagon wheels to foul of the frame.

I just about to turn in the width of my side road with no problem (only just) so that's good guide.

I take back entirely what I said about power, It pulls like a good'un and goes like the clappers, not quite so good on longish grass, brilliant Very Happy

Al

Big Al

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

2" WAGON Empty Re: 2" WAGON

Post  craig@STW Sun 22 Aug 2010, 10:12 am

thank you Al, good solutions Cool
craig@STW
craig@STW

Number of posts : 1410
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post  hughb Wed 25 Aug 2010, 9:30 pm

Hi I am putting on my wheals soon and did wonder if they will fit.... Question
THANKS for the INFO Wink Idea
hughb
hughb

Number of posts : 575
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  LilyJack Wed 25 Aug 2010, 9:38 pm

Hiya Big Al'

Good to hear that the trailers sorted and that it can pull you with ease, knowing I'm bout the same size and not "quite" as large as yourself (just yet but watch this space), I know mine'll pull me too so thats something to not be too bothered about now once I get a trailer sorted.

Regards

LilyJack Cool

ps : wondering whether a non-return valve might be a way forwards on my water pump, I had a good frig about with it yesterday (like all bloomin day) and it, in my eyes, could work a whole lot better if the suction remained constant.
Also wondered about a skinny s/steel spring between the two balls, one to prevent water going back down the feed pipe and one against the top ball to stop the chattering??? Any thoughts on this one??

LilyJack

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2009-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down