Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4" Scale Traction Wagon to suit Road Loco / Showman's Engine

+7
Bobby's new hobby
sonick45
craig@STW
bjwlancashire
Tony King
lynnr
Steam Traction World
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

4" Scale Traction Wagon to suit Road Loco / Showman's Engine Empty 4" Scale Traction Wagon to suit Road Loco / Showman's Engine

Post  Steam Traction World Wed 08 Sep 2010, 4:48 pm

Hi All,

Just to clarify, we WILL be releasing a wagon especially for the 4" Scale Road Loco / Showman's engine at some point in the future. As we did with the Agricultural wagon the new product is likely to be released sometime near the completion of your engine. Pricing will be confirmed nearer the time, however here are a few images of the completed design to wet your appetite.

All the best

Dean & Steve

4" Scale Traction Wagon to suit Road Loco / Showman's Engine Wagon_10

4" Scale Traction Wagon to suit Road Loco / Showman's Engine Wagon_12

4" Scale Traction Wagon to suit Road Loco / Showman's Engine Wagon_13

Steam Traction World
Admin

Number of posts : 946
Registration date : 2008-06-18

http://www.steamtractionworld.co.uk

Back to top Go down

4" Scale Traction Wagon to suit Road Loco / Showman's Engine Empty You two are just dreadful

Post  lynnr Wed 08 Sep 2010, 5:07 pm

Hi

Imagine the torment you have caused for the next 3 years. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Looks very nice. Exclamation
lynnr
lynnr

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2010-08-06

Back to top Go down

4" Scale Traction Wagon to suit Road Loco / Showman's Engine Empty Showmans wagon

Post  Tony King Wed 08 Sep 2010, 5:30 pm

I agree, it looks great, put my name on one!!! I'll start saving straight away!!
Actually I'm getting a bit worried as to where I'm going to store all this stuff I've bought from STW....... Two complete 4" traction engine rigs is not going to fit in my lounge!!! (& they're too heavy to go in the bed room & it's not dry or warm enough in the garage!!)
I'll have to build a "purpose made" steam emporium in the garden!!
Tony King
( Another nutter in the north)

Tony King

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

4" Scale Traction Wagon to suit Road Loco / Showman's Engine Empty More

Post  lynnr Wed 08 Sep 2010, 7:47 pm

Hi

Forgot to say. I would be wanting one if not two!

lynnr
lynnr

Back to top Go down

4" Scale Traction Wagon to suit Road Loco / Showman's Engine Empty I want 2!!!

Post  bjwlancashire Wed 08 Sep 2010, 11:01 pm

Well these are my first words on this forum, only signed up last night after placing my order for the road loco at Dorset. I did ask Steve about a traction Wagon then and said I would probably want at least 2 - got to have a road train Laughing Laughing Laughing

Is ther a limit on the road how many we can pull?? I thought three was the limit.

Maybe the STW folks will do a deal on three, a bit like Modelworks used to do with the railway mineral wagons Twisted Evil

What about a low loader like the Pickfords one with bogies at both ends, we could get carried away here - I want the engine to work when its finished.

Cheers

Brian

PS: Enjoying following Lynn's progress already, not quite as far north, but still a Northern Git when with the Saunders crews.
bjwlancashire
bjwlancashire

Number of posts : 938
Registration date : 2010-09-07

Back to top Go down

4" Scale Traction Wagon to suit Road Loco / Showman's Engine Empty Dimensions

Post  bjwlancashire Wed 08 Sep 2010, 11:04 pm

I forgot to ask, what are the overall dimensions? I want to see if I could get my wife's mobility scooter in one with a ramp. It will make it easier for her to climb on board - and add to the load!!!

Cheers again

Brian
bjwlancashire
bjwlancashire

Back to top Go down

4" Scale Traction Wagon to suit Road Loco / Showman's Engine Empty welcome

Post  lynnr Wed 08 Sep 2010, 11:09 pm

Welcome and happy building. You will find yourself hiding behind the front door waiting for you next kit to arrive.
lynnr
lynnr

Back to top Go down

4" Scale Traction Wagon to suit Road Loco / Showman's Engine Empty What colour???

Post  bjwlancashire Wed 08 Sep 2010, 11:25 pm

My duaghter (14) and Nephew (13) are going to be helping too, they are both Steam Apprentices. They have decided on the name but we cannot agree on the livery yet. Need to decide as we are going to Old Warden and I want to get some paint sorted while there. President Black or Duke of Kent red? confused

Cheers

Brian

bjwlancashire
bjwlancashire

Back to top Go down

4" Scale Traction Wagon to suit Road Loco / Showman's Engine Empty Re: 4" Scale Traction Wagon to suit Road Loco / Showman's Engine

Post  craig@STW Thu 09 Sep 2010, 8:00 am

hello northern folk ??

good to see some real passion for our models and also good to see i'll have something to do in 2 years time Cool

is "Northern Star" a good name for a model from up there ??? Laughing
craig@STW
craig@STW

Number of posts : 1410
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

4" Scale Traction Wagon to suit Road Loco / Showman's Engine Empty Stars

Post  lynnr Thu 09 Sep 2010, 8:46 am

Hi Craig

I think it is "north star" or Polaris you are refering to. I like Polaris as a name better.

My engine is going to be called "Crystal" in honour of my twin sisters still born Crying or Very sad
lynnr
lynnr

Back to top Go down

4" Scale Traction Wagon to suit Road Loco / Showman's Engine Empty Re: 4" Scale Traction Wagon to suit Road Loco / Showman's Engine

Post  craig@STW Thu 09 Sep 2010, 9:53 am

lynnr wrote:
My engine is going to be called "Crystal" in honour of my twin sisters still born Crying or Very sad

that's nice. I love you

to me, Polaris is a brand of cycle clothing, so probably not for my engine (not that i have one Shocked )

i wonder now many nearly get called "re-mortgage" or "divorce" Laughing
craig@STW
craig@STW

Number of posts : 1410
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

4" Scale Traction Wagon to suit Road Loco / Showman's Engine Empty It's all in a name!

Post  Tony King Thu 09 Sep 2010, 11:35 am

I'm thinking "Nortern Light" for my showmans, as we occasionally see them here!!
I was going to name my agricultual engine "Bronwen", in memory of my dear departed wife.
Has anyone any idea where to get brass name plate castings from?
Tony King

Tony King

Back to top Go down

Post  Steam Traction World Thu 09 Sep 2010, 1:30 pm

Hi Brian

In answer to your question about the wagon size, the internal load space should be about 660mm (26") x 1275mm (50").

Regards

Steve

Steam Traction World
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sonick45 Thu 09 Sep 2010, 4:01 pm

Tony King wrote:I'm thinking "Nortern Light" for my showmans, as we occasionally see them here!!
I was going to name my agricultual engine "Bronwen", in memory of my dear departed wife.
Has anyone any idea where to get brass name plate castings from?
Tony King

Nice names you have chosen Tony,

I plan on calling my Road Loco "The Mistress"

As for name plates i'm going to use Diane Carney at http://www.loco-nameplates.com/

Nick

Last edited by sonick45 on Mon 10 Sep 2012, 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

sonick45

Number of posts : 511
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Back to top Go down

4" Scale Traction Wagon to suit Road Loco / Showman's Engine Empty 4"Wagon

Post  Bobby's new hobby Sat 18 Sep 2010, 12:38 am

Hi Steve&Dean,
Just been on the forum only to discover that you will be doing a Wagon for the Showmans/Agricultural engine so would you please put my name down for one i dont think i ordered one already.Thank you
Cheers
Rob

Bobby's new hobby

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-06-07

http://briggs135@btinternet.com

Back to top Go down

4" Scale Traction Wagon to suit Road Loco / Showman's Engine Empty Engine names

Post  Tony King Sat 18 Sep 2010, 5:13 pm

Hi Nick,
Many thanks for the link for the name plate maker, I'll be contacting them on Monday to discuss supply of name plates for both my engines!!
They look very professional on the website.
Regards Tony

Tony King

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidDavies Mon 09 Jan 2012, 6:48 am

Hi From David

very nice wagon ... I am working on the Hornsby chain track steam crawler wagon circa 1910 technical historic book project ...

How do I get hold of your cad drawings so that I can figure out how your side boards metal locks and hinges are made ...

I would appreciate any help you can supply ... I am working on the Hornsby Crawler history (a significant Canadian and UK historical artifact)

bye for now (Hornsby crawler historical researcher)

DavidDavies

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Steam Traction World Mon 09 Jan 2012, 9:09 am

Hi David

I have sent you a PM

Regards

Steve

Steam Traction World
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lynnr Fri 17 Feb 2012, 10:24 am

Hi STW

Is there any more detail on the Traction Wagon? I am looking for dimensions and weight estimation as I need to start planning the trailer to tow all this wonderful kit.

Also do you have a weight distribution for the Showman? i.e. CofG.
lynnr
lynnr

Back to top Go down

Post  IanL Fri 17 Feb 2012, 3:31 pm

Hi Lynn,

CofG what are you planning putting wings on it instead of a roof, maybe this will help you fly it to meetings south of the border Laughing

Have just been trying to work out how much space I will have in my trailer with the width now looking like 36" I am not sure what else I will be able to fit in, except some flat pack items.

Ian
IanL
IanL

Number of posts : 437
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post  lynnr Fri 17 Feb 2012, 3:35 pm

No I do not want to go to the stress of trying to get a CAA permit to fly but would like it to balance correctly on whatever trailer I build or buy.
lynnr
lynnr

Back to top Go down

Post  Steam Traction World Thu 26 Apr 2012, 8:36 pm

Hi All,

You will hopefully be pleased to know that Steve and I finalised the costing on the new 4" Traction Trailer today. I've drafted a letter which will be sent to all current Road Loco and Showman's customers on Monday outlining the planned start date, the number of kits and most importantly the price.

Hopefully you will see that we've really tried to price it as competitively as possible, to encourage orders and kept our margins tight. Please be assured that only the highest quality materials will be used with the best quality ash used for the wooden parts.

All the best

Dean

Steam Traction World
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Robfishman Thu 26 Apr 2012, 10:15 pm

Great news, can see the pole trailer will have to go though to make some room. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Robfishman
Robfishman

Number of posts : 1061
Registration date : 2010-11-26

http://www.robertfish.net

Back to top Go down

4" Scale Traction Wagon to suit Road Loco / Showman's Engine Empty 2 Kits please.

Post  lynnr Fri 27 Apr 2012, 10:17 am

Hi Steve and Dean

Great news. Hope the price is not too high per kit. I would like to build 2 at the same time. Once as the maintenance wagon and the other kept clean(ish) for passengers.

Wagon Running total 2.
lynnr
lynnr

Back to top Go down

Post  bjwlancashire Fri 27 Apr 2012, 12:22 pm

Robfishman wrote:Great news, can see the pole trailer will have to go though to make some room. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I may have to talk to you about that then!! Laughing

Brian
bjwlancashire
bjwlancashire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next