Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tender Beading

3 posters

Go down

Tender Beading Empty Tender Beading

Post  Nigel53 Mon 28 Nov 2022, 4:18 pm

Hi. This is my first question. I am on the tender kit and have had a trial fit of the beading. As you can see the pre-shaped pieces are considerable smaller than the laser cut parts that need filing (10.9 vs 12.6mm). I initially thought that the laser parts would just need a lot of material removed but the profile of the u shaped piece perfectly matches the cut-out in the tender side where as the rounded parts do not reach the edge. So have I got faulty beading or how have other people fixed this?
Any advice appreciated.
Tender Beading 20221110

Nigel53

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2022-05-15

Back to top Go down

Tender Beading Empty Re: Tender Beading

Post  Simon C Tue 29 Nov 2022, 6:25 pm

Nigel53 wrote:Hi. This is my first question. "So have I got faulty beading??" or how have other people fixed this?
Any advice appreciated.
Tender Beading 20221110

It looks good to me and no problem with that beading.
Make it match at the intersection with the horizontal beading, and look similar around the horseshoe part.
Simon C
Simon C
Simon C

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2017-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Nigel53 Tue 29 Nov 2022, 9:32 pm

Thanks for the reply Simon I have been playing with this today and think I have found a way to make it look OK.

Nigel53

Back to top Go down

Post  PaulB Wed 30 Nov 2022, 5:22 pm

Hi Nigel, I'm on with the same kit apart from having to wait for the slotless bolts/rivets that are on back order, Crying or Very sad  As the bunker extension plates fit on top of the tender that protrudes over the beading the discrepancy won't be noticed, and one can always blend the forward part of the tender down to match the beading. I intend to reduce the horseshoe beading down to match the other beading, so it all looks the same.

PaulB

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2022-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Nigel53 Wed 30 Nov 2022, 5:44 pm

Hi Paul. Yes I am waiting for rivet bolts as well. As you plan to do I have today reduced the width of the laser cut parts to match the narrower beading before rounding them over.

Nigel53

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down