Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Windermere Kettle

3 posters

Go down

Windermere Kettle Empty Windermere Kettle

Post  Thunderbolt Fri 10 Sep 2021, 8:00 pm

Hi Mick1020,

Just wandering where you got some parts from.

The first one is the extra globe valve and t part coming out the top of the steam head for your blower adaptation and what thread is it.

Second of all what size pipe did you use to make the adaptation. Of the blower and the pipe to the Windermere kettle.

Thirdly where did you get the Windermere kettle from?

Many Thanks

Thunderbolt
Thunderbolt
Thunderbolt

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2021-02-13

Back to top Go down

Windermere Kettle Empty Re: Windermere Kettle

Post  LiveSteam Sat 11 Sep 2021, 9:53 pm

Depends if you want a posh one or just something to boil water for a brew, I just wanted something that would boil a few pints of water for coffee/tea and washing up.

No extra T's required or valves just plug it on the injector over flow and turn on the steam, 60secs later boiling water.

Just an old kettle with some brake pipe soldered into it with a bit of gas pipe jubilee clipped on to it which pushes on to the injector over flow, not pretty but cheap and works brilliantly.

Windermere Kettle Img_2014

Windermere Kettle Img_2015

LiveSteam

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2013-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Goliewogs Mon 13 Sep 2021, 9:11 am

Absolutely brilliant idea!! Functional of course and a damn sight cheaper for something that is only going to be used once in a while. Well done!!
Regards
Greg

Goliewogs

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2016-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post  LiveSteam Mon 13 Sep 2021, 9:08 pm

It actually gets used a heck of a lot, might need to descale it soon Laughing , boils all our water when rallying over the weekend and even on the one day runs. There is only one brew that it cant do which is the very first one before we venture out of the caravan for a days steaming.
But once theres a fire in the engine the kettles normally plugged in and on, before the engines even started to hiss, even with less than 10psi on the clock the kettle will be hot enough for 2nd brew of the morning and for the breakfast washing up.
Best thing I ever knocked up and has saved us so much caravan gas, as we now only use the stove in the van for one brew 1st thing.

LiveSteam

Back to top Go down

Post  Goliewogs Tue 14 Sep 2021, 8:08 am

This gets even better - and you use it all the time and quicker then caravan gas - saves gas too! The best thing I think is that you connect it by gas tubing to the injector overflow!! Why didn’t anyone else think of that? I think you should get an award of some sort for this - an innovation award. Best useful gadget etc etc!! Really terrific. I’ve found an old kettle already, all I need now is some copper tubing…..!!!
Regards
Grég

Goliewogs

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2016-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post  LiveSteam Tue 14 Sep 2021, 8:25 am

You'll get folks telling you it will cause injector issues, well I've been using it for the past 4yrs like this and havent had any probs.

Last time I cleaned the injector was about 5yrs ago, we do about 12-18 rallies a year and the kettle is used at least 5 to 6 times a day on it, sometimes more when others want a rapid bit of boiling water Smile

You wont regret it Cool

LiveSteam

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down