Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tender Pictures

2 posters

Go down

Tender Pictures Empty Tender Pictures

Post  LilyJack Sun 30 Aug 2009, 9:20 pm

Right, now thats got your attention Hugh Cool
I'm wondering if I could ask you a favour chap, I see you took a fair few pictures of the 2" at STW, especially around the tender area, could you be an absolute gentleman and either stick them on here or if you'd prefer, whack them into an email to me. My email addy is with you in personal messages..

Much appreciated..

LilyJack Cool

LilyJack

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2009-04-01

Back to top Go down

Tender Pictures Empty Re: Tender Pictures

Post  hughb Tue 01 Sep 2009, 7:44 pm

LilyJack wrote:Right, now thats got your attention Hugh Cool
I'm wondering if I could ask you a favour chap, I see you took a fair few pictures of the 2" at STW, especially around the tender area, could you be an absolute gentleman and either stick them on here or if you'd prefer, whack them into an email to me. My email addy is with you in personal messages..

Much appreciated..

LilyJack Cool
Hi guy
Yes I will now go and put them up I have a bout 130 pics of there build .The ones of you I will post to you .
I am on the job Laughing

Last edited by hughb on Tue 01 Sep 2009, 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
hughb
hughb

Number of posts : 575
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  hughb Tue 01 Sep 2009, 8:14 pm

Hi I am back now with just a few as I seem to have lost some.
Tender Pictures 1-3
Back
Tender Pictures 2-2
Long time for you to get here
Tender Pictures 3-2
Horn pates the stearing cain
Tender Pictures 4-2
just a veiw
Tender Pictures 5-2

Tender Pictures 6-2
Hay just think one day in the soon you will be as far as this ..... Smile Surprised Shocked
..OR you will have gone mad No What a Face affraid lol! flower scratch geek
But you will feel like a king farao santa
hughb
hughb

Back to top Go down

Post  LilyJack Wed 02 Sep 2009, 7:58 am

Hugh Laughing ,

THANK YOU VERY MUCH CHAP.......
Thats just what I needed thanks mate, went down the workshop yesterday at 8am and came back up and 10pm last night Shocked
Tenders built, had a bit of a time figuring where those bloody rivets go in the horn plates, the instructions are about as clear as mud on their placement but after much tea drinking, I THINK I've figured it out, tough shit if I've not really coz they're in and centre popped from the back hehehe..
Other than that, its going well now, definitely looking forwards to getting the boiler now so I can start bolting it all up. Just got the horrid job of spraying it up now (me n painting don't mix).. I like how the instructions say about bolting the spectacles up to the horns, only to unbolt the buggers so you can fir in the axle shaft n second shaft etc Evil or Very Mad Hopefully STW will be reading this and MAYBE make an ammendment to the destructions for future 2" builders?

Anyhoo it's early, I've finished me 2nd cuppa so off we go again.

Thanks again Hugh mate, much appreciated..

Best Regards..

LilyJack Cool

LilyJack

Back to top Go down

Post  hughb Thu 03 Sep 2009, 8:21 pm

Hi mate
The holes that are in the side on mine have bolts in the as I recall it is to fit the boiler on .I do not have a pic of the side but I can get on if you like.
hughb
hughb

Back to top Go down

Post  LilyJack Thu 03 Sep 2009, 11:08 pm

Yuh, they're the larger of all the holes, I kinda figured that I didn't have any rivets big enough to stick in em so went round the others hahaha. One other thing I've done is this, the FRONT spectacle plate (facing the chimney), I've drilled a hole (8mm) right at the side so I can get an allen key in to adjust the main crank up on its bush. Theres a long 2mm grub screw which goes in there along with the nut isn't there. Assuming I've read its purpose correctly, I gather this is to adjust any play in the crank front to back. Just seemed a bit tight to get an allen key in there once it's all bolted together.. Bit late now if it serves no purpose.
Anyhoo, Hugh, I've assembled the tender and the horn plate section, painted the black parts and waiting for it all to dry before commencing with red, burgundy and lining etc (still shittin it when it comes to the lining work) so HOPEFULLY I'll be collecting a boiler and cylinder set shortly eh!!

Beer time now, hope yas doing good mate oh and, the engines coming on nicely mate, had a look at ya pics...

Best regards,,

LilyJack Cool

LilyJack

Back to top Go down

Post  hughb Fri 04 Sep 2009, 5:49 pm

HI
I do not rember the grub screw but will have a look .Just think like this as you have drilled a hole .But it has no reason HO YES IT HAS you will go faster hehehe
hughb
hughb

Back to top Go down

Post  LilyJack Sat 05 Sep 2009, 9:38 am

Go Faster????????? Neutral I've seen the adverts, they are speed LIMITS NOT TARGETS.. And besides, you really fancy doin 30mph with ya arse a few inches off the deck with a potential bomb in front of you blowin out steam? Not bloody likely hehehehe.. I want it nice n slow so if sod all goes wrong I can jump off n leg it like a true professional hahaha Razz

Best Regards

LilyJack Cool

LilyJack

Back to top Go down

Post  hughb Sat 05 Sep 2009, 8:59 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing Razz
hughb
hughb