Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another builder

2 posters

Go down

Another builder Empty Another builder

Post  steamlaser Wed 24 Jun 2015, 11:46 pm

After a number of years of indecision, I have finally taken the plunge and bought a 2 inch Burrell Kit. The visit to the factory to collect the kit was worth the trip as I got an oversight of what production techniques they are using.
My build will be cosmetically very simple, without all the fine lining as I have little spare time to do it properly. Eventhough it is a ready made kit ,I can see it will not be a quick project. (At the moment I am still ploughing through the parts list to ensure everything is there.)
What I do like about the scale is that it still can be moved around with care by a single person. Most of the members of my club have 4 inch Burrells or Fodens, but they have space to store them and their trailers.

steamlaser

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2014-11-13

Back to top Go down

Another builder Empty Another builder

Post  chas12154 Thu 25 Jun 2015, 9:38 am

Hi, welcome to the 2" Burrell builders club. Hope you get as much joy and satisfaction as I have building your model. Imon kit 3 at the moment. If you get any problems, which you will, during your build, there will be someone on here that can help.

Charlie

chas12154

Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2015-01-21

Back to top Go down