Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going to Daventry to have look round.

2 posters

Go down

Going to Daventry to have look round.  Empty Going to Daventry to have look round.

Post  chas12154 Fri 10 Apr 2015, 12:14 pm

Time has finely come to start my build! After weeks of getting junk sorted in garage, I have a workshop. Going to take a trip to STW on Wednesday to meet the friendly bunch and pick up my first kit. Cant wait to start and join you lot on my journey to build a 2" Burrell. Can anyone tell me how much paint I will need to buy? Im going to be brush painting everything and know I have to give at least two coats of primer, undercoat and top coat. Also the smokebox, what's the best to use on that?
Thanks in advance for any help I might get.

Charlie

chas12154

Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2015-01-21

Back to top Go down

Going to Daventry to have look round.  Empty Re: Going to Daventry to have look round.

Post  Steve H Fri 10 Apr 2015, 1:01 pm

I went for Craftmaster,after speaking direct to them,used there Model range as the paint is available in smaller quantities.I purchased 250 ml Tins.

The paint covers fantastically,but I have decided to try and use an air brush for the larger flat areas,like the Hornplates etc. as I was not happy with the brush marks when i first painted it,even though I used a good quality brush. I used TAKLON fibre brushes.

The secret is GOOD PREP,GOOD PAINT,GOOD BRUSH,PATIENCE & GOOD DUST FREE AREA TO PAINT AND TO ALLOW THE WORK TO DRY.

The other GOOD you Need is LUCK

Let us know how you get on.

Don't forget to Start a Build thread in the Owners Section,would be great to see your progression
Best wishes
Steve H Very Happy

Steve H
Steve H

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2014-03-07

Back to top Go down

Going to Daventry to have look round.  Empty Going to Daventry to have look round.

Post  chas12154 Fri 10 Apr 2015, 1:16 pm

Hi Steve, thanks for your reply. Im going to use Craftmaster paints as most on here have had nothing but good things to say about it. I'll give them a ring and speak to them. When I get my first kit I will start a thread on my build and no doubt I'll be on here asking for advice along the way.

Charlie

chas12154

Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2015-01-21

Back to top Go down

Going to Daventry to have look round.  Empty Re: Going to Daventry to have look round.

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down