Steam Traction World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

7/4" Gauge Standard Class 5

Go down

7/4" Gauge Standard Class 5 Empty 7/4" Gauge Standard Class 5

Post  bjwlancashire Mon 12 Nov 2012, 8:35 pm

Initial offering but I may sell my unfinished loco if anyone has an interest in such a project after all this kit building of road steam. New house and road steam project has probably put paid to it being finished.

It was built by my friend who is currently building a 5" gauge Standard Class 4 tender loco for Doug Hewson as part of his serialisation in Engineering in Miniature. it is built to a high standard. It had been stripped for painting and I bought it from him as a pile of parts before I got diverted back into the road steam stuff in a big way.

It was running on air before being stripped down for painting and I got as far as doing some cylinder cleading with the intention of painting and lining the cylinders before final fitting and running on air again. Boiler inlcuded with ashpan and grate, tender chassis, Cab laser cut pieces, lost wax BR standard fittings from Jim Vaas.

7/4" Gauge Standard Class 5 Pa070010

7/4" Gauge Standard Class 5 P1100410

7/4" Gauge Standard Class 5 P1100411

Full size loco for comparison, one of the three Bunswick Green ones on the S&D, mine was to be 73050.

7/4" Gauge Standard Class 5 73051-10
bjwlancashire
bjwlancashire

Number of posts : 938
Registration date : 2010-09-07

Back to top Go down